Author Topic: Pelosi on addressing climate through reconciliation package: 'This is our moment'  (Read 119 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi on addressing climate through reconciliation package: 'This is our moment'
By Caroline Vakil - 10/14/21 03:36 PM EDT

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that now is the “moment” to address climate as Democrats seek to pass provisions to address the matter through a massive reconciliation package.

“This is our moment. We cannot — we don't have any more time to wait,” Pelosi said at a news conference in San Francisco regarding the urgency on lawmakers to pass legislation aimed at addressing the environment and climate.

Pelosi said it was necessary the measure be passed ahead of the United Nations climate summit, which starts at the end of October. Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) has indicated that both the bipartisan infrastructure bill and larger reconciliation package should be passed and ready for President Biden’s signature by the end of October.

“Now it is a level of urgency that is an imperative that we get this job done in preparation for COP26, which is right around the corner, and to do so that helps us honor our responsibilities but also share with other countries — developing countries — technology, resources that they need to meet their responsibilities for the children,” Pelosi said.

Sen. Alex Padilla (D-Calif.), who attended the event in San Francisco, echoed that sentiment and said, “Climate cannot be on the chopping block in this or any budget.”

“We cannot afford to leave these problems to be dealt with another day,” he said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/576814-pelosi-on-addressing-climate-through-reconciliation-package-this-is-our-moment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
GOP needs to get out the knives and target every yes voting dimocrat in a moderate districts.  Scorched earth if we have to.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

F' the UN.  I am not a citizen of the UN.  I do not vote for UN office holders.  I do not pay taxes to the UN.  The UN doesn't provide me my paycheck.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
F' the UN.  I am not a citizen of the UN.  I do not vote for UN office holders.  I do not pay taxes to the UN.  The UN doesn't provide me my paycheck.

There's probably a half a million patriots in this country who have a hankering for Teal Helmet Practice.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Killer Clouds

There's probably a half a million patriots in this country who have a hankering for Teal Helmet Practice.
Absolutely! Those helmets make good targets.