Author Topic: 'That map hurts': Texas House redistricting vote another blow to Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee  (Read 609 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Despite the objections of Democratic U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, the Texas House advanced a redistricting plan just like the one the Texas Senate passed last week, shattering the 18th Congressional District she represents and shuffling thousands of mostly Black residents in the Third Ward out of it.

The Houston Democrat made a personal appeal earlier in the day to the Texas House Redistricting Committee, which voted late Wednesday along partisan lines to pass the map that also takes downtown Houston, Texas Southern University and the University of Houston out of Jackson Lee’s district.

“It hurts my heart,” Jackson Lee said of losing landmarks that have been in the 18th District since the 1970s when Barbara Jordan — the first Black woman elected to Congress from Texas — represented it.

Jackson Lee, first elected in the 18th District in 1994, and other opponents of the redistricting plan are running out of chances to change the maps. The plan now goes to the full Texas House for a vote as early as this weekend, where Democrats would need Republican help to stop it from being enacted.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/That-map-hurts-Texas-House-redistricting-16531620.php

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Not to worry...some O'Bastard Judge will fix it for her.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdinVA

“It hurts my heart,” Jackson Lee said of losing landmarks that have been in the 18th District since the 1970s when Barbara Jordan — the first Black woman elected to Congress from Texas — represented it.
Poor thing...

So she wants her history preserved but no one else? 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I hope they keep SJL, just to  so that we are periodically reminded how stupid democrats can be.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I hope they keep SJL, just to  so that we are periodically reminded how stupid democrats can be.

Well, considering that part of TX will still be stuck with a stupid in Al Green, things will be okay in the cerebrally retarded department.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Isn't this Maxine Waters' scepter?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Isn't this Maxine Waters' scepter?

During one of the Mars Rover missions, SJL asked Mission Control if they could show her where the Apollo Astronaunts planted the flag.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

During one of the Mars Rover missions, SJL asked Mission Control if they could show her where the Apollo Astronaunts planted the flag.

We may need a tie-breaker with these two    :laugh:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Screw you Sheila, karma's a beeotch.
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Sheila's quotes are legendary, and all one has to do is pick and choose your own delight.

Here's one of my favorites

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Screw you Sheila, karma's a beeotch.

Nope! No way!  Not even if I use your equipment!
   **nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
We may need a tie-breaker with these two    :laugh:
Butt wait, there's more, how can you exclude the Brilliant Hank Johnson from the run off?
Rep. Hank Johnson said he feared that stationing 8,000 Marines on Guam would cause the island to "become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize."

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Nope! No way!  Not even if I use your equipment!
   **nononono*
Okay, that one made me laugh.  :rolling:
The Republic is lost.