Author Topic: CEO of Minnetonka Moccasins apologizes for profiting from Native American culture  (Read 260 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CEO of Minnetonka Moccasins apologizes for profiting from Native American culture
by Matthew Miller, Social Media Producer
 | October 13, 2021 05:02 PM

The CEO of Minnetonka Moccasins issued an apology for profiting off of Native American culture.

The company is pledging to do more to support tribal communities and timed its Monday apology to coincide with Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples' Day.

“We deeply and meaningfully apologize for having benefited from selling Native-inspired designs without directly honoring Native culture or communities,” said Minnetonka CEO David Miller in a statement posted to the company's website. “While Minnetonka has evolved beyond our original product set, moccasins remain a core part of our brand, and in 2020 we began to step up our commitment to the culture to which we owe so much.”

The company said it has hired Adrienne Benjamin, who is a member of the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, as a reconciliation adviser.

"We have been listening to and learning from voices in the Native community to live up to and expand upon the action plan we originally developed in fall of 2020," read the company's statement. "We are grateful to our Native American advisors, who continually provide valuable insight and counsel on our plans and the specifics of its execution."

"We will continue to move forward in a manner that acknowledges and honors the Native American culture, design, and people who have influenced our brand and business. This journey will remain important to our company forever," Miller said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ceo-minnetonka-moccasins-apologizes-profiting-native-culture
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Oh good grief.  I will walk a day in his moccasins to fully understand his wokeness.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
OFFS... *****rollingeyes*****
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Kamaji

Meh.  Blow it out your beaded a$$.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have a simple solution:  Change the name of the brand to "Pearl Milling Moccasin Company."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

Is Frito Lay going to apologize for corn chips?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Has anyone reached out to Fauxcahontas for comment?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Is Frito Lay going to apologize for corn chips?

Well they did drop the Frito Bandito faster than you can swim the Rio Grand river.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

Well they did drop the Frito Bandito faster than you can swim the Rio Grand river.

Remember these?  When I was in first grade, these prompted the sale of a heck of a lot of Frito six-packs.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-