Author Topic: Port Houston sets monthly cargo record in August  (Read 256 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Port Houston sets monthly cargo record in August
« on: October 13, 2021, 02:36:03 pm »
American Shipper by Noi Mahoney September 21, 2021

Port handles 320,086 twenty-foot equivalent units

Port Houston handled its highest month ever for total twenty-foot equivalent units at 320,086 in August, an increase of 29% compared to the same period last year.

The port also recorded the highest monthly loaded imports on record at 159,791 TEUs during August, a 37% increase compared to August 2020.

“We embrace our position as a centrally located port serving a large region of consumers,” Roger Guenther, Port Houston’s executive director, said in a statement. “Providing efficient and predictable cargo movement through our port during an unprecedented surge in global imports continues to be a top priority for us.”

More: https://www.freightwaves.com/news/port-houston-sets-monthly-cargo-record-in-august

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Port Houston sets monthly cargo record in August
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 07:39:57 pm »
I suspect a lot more traffic will come Houston's way because of the inferior handling cargo is getting on the West Coast.

Carriers will take the extra trek to get to Texas as at least their cargoes will get offloaded rather than sitting for weeks or months on the ships.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Port Houston sets monthly cargo record in August
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 07:41:53 pm »
If I recall the Chinese control the Panama canal so it's no big deal to them.
The Republic is lost.