Author Topic: Joe Biden Reacts Late to Clogged Ports Crisis; White House Blames Private Businesses  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
California wants all electric trucks by 2035, which probably won't happen.

These are called trains
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Killer Clouds

These are called trains
Trains can't deliver to stores and houses.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Notce everything Biden turns to crap, Biden casts blame away from himself.  How like democrats, when caught red handed, to try and blame the innocent any which way they look.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Trains can't deliver to stores and houses.
Unless they are driven on tracks laid on Heels-up Harris
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Surely, either Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, or Florida could build an entirely new container seaport, "from scratch", somewhere to draw this business away from California?

Maybe more than one new container port...

Offline EdinVA

Surely, either Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, or Florida could build an entirely new container seaport, "from scratch", somewhere to draw this business away from California?

We have navy ports that could be used to catch up...

Offline GrouchoTex

Houston has quite a large port already.

from the internet:

In terms of foreign tonnage, the Port of Houston is the busiest port in the US and the largest on the Gulf Coast. Located in the fourth-largest state, it stretches 25 miles and is just a few hours away from the Gulf of Mexico. That said, it’s no wonder that many importers and exporters choose to ship containers to the Port of Houston. The port handled 68% of the total US’ Gulf Coast container traffic in 2016. To accommodate the newly-expanded Panama Canal and the growing container vessels, it has acquired new super post-Panamax ship-to-shore cranes.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Not so.  They are the result of the government's wrong-headed, fascistic response to the plandemic.
When it comes to the ports of Long Beach and L.A. California the blame goes to the democrats passing that asinine independent contractor law which is responsible for removing tens of thousands of independent truck drivers and their rigs from the supply chain.

Offline Hoodat

Washington Free Beacon
@FreeBeacon
Food shortages have disrupted school lunches to the point that schools have asked parents to pack their own food.

One district told parents that some food normally provided to children would not be available due to national supply-chain shortages.

This has nothing to do with the ports.  We are not importing food from Asia (except rice).  American school lunches are home grown.  We simply don't have the truckers.  Lockdowns have consequences.  Push someone out of a job for a couple of months, and they go find something else to do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This has nothing to do with the ports.  We are not importing food from Asia (except rice).  American school lunches are home grown.  We simply don't have the truckers.  Lockdowns have consequences.  Push someone out of a job for a couple of months, and they go find something else to do.

@Hoodat

And there it is.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Comrade Hoodat complains:
"We simply don't have the truckers."

Nope.
See here:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,451169.msg2514146.html#msg2514146

(I believe the conservativetreehouse has an article on this...)

Offline GtHawk

Well we actually do import quite a lot of food from Asia, China specifically, though how much if any it affects school lunches.....maybe prepared fruits and veggies.

China was the United States' largest supplier of goods imports in 2019.

U.S. goods imports from China totaled $451.7 billion in 2019, down 16.2% ($87.6 billion) from 2018, but up 52.4% from 2009. U.S. goods imports from China are up 342% from 2001 (pre-WTO accession). U.S. goods imports from China account for 18.1% of overall U.S. goods imports in 2019.
The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: electrical machinery ($125 billion); machinery ($92 billion); furniture and bedding ($27 billion); toys and sports equipment ($25 billion); and plastics ($18 billion).

U.S. imports of agricultural products from China totaled $3.6 billion in 2019, making China the United States’ 6th largest supplier of agricultural imports. Leading categories included: processed fruit and vegetables ($787 million); snack foods ($172 million); spices ($170 million); fresh vegetables ($136 million); and tea, including herbal tea ($131 million).

Offline The_Reader_David

Can't blame his own party in California for destroying the trucking industry there, thus making the ports of Los Angeles and San Diego into bottlenecks, now can he?  The 'optics' would be bad.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline GtHawk

Comrade Hoodat complains:
"We simply don't have the truckers."

Nope.
See here:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,451169.msg2514146.html#msg2514146

(I believe the conservativetreehouse has an article on this...)
@Fishrrman
I have seen stats posted that up to 40% of truck drivers in California are owner operators that worked as independent contractors, that puts them at odds with Californias two year old bullshit law that limits how much work an independent contractor contractor may do. I understand Let's Go Brandon thinks the solution would be to unionize the independents. They are called Independents for a reason Joe! Also the the union Longshoreman crane operators that off load ships and load trucks, poor babies make 250K in Long Beach and L.A.  ports are deliberately slowing taking up to three hours to load a cargo container on a truck. So short of the dems putting a hold on the independent contractor law and canning and replacing the union Longshoremen crane operators..........doesn't take much imagination to guess what would happen on both coasts.

Offline EdinVA

I wonder if kalifornia is experiencing shortages of anything?  Are the "kalifornia approved union trucks" delivering anywhere other than kalifornia?

Offline GtHawk

I wonder if kalifornia is experiencing shortages of anything?  Are the "kalifornia approved union trucks" delivering anywhere other than kalifornia?
truthfully I don't see any shortages to speak of in the grocery stores here in Huntington Beach, CA and I'm in them 2-3 times a week...at least the Ralphs/Kroger. The only shortages I have seen local is at Costco with their Kirkland TP and paper towels and I think a good part of that is morons hoarding, there has been no shortage of the Charmin brand TP that I have seen. It's all the price increases that are killing me! I just got my first rent increase in about two years $75, on top of the gas and food increases....let's just say I'll be losing that weight my doctors been on me about.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Joe Knows Trucks
Okay, I'm an oilfield hand, and that's funny, right there. From what I have heard he might have driven for that outfit.  :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
truthfully I don't see any shortages to speak of in the grocery stores here in Huntington Beach, CA and I'm in them 2-3 times a week...at least the Ralphs/Kroger. The only shortages I have seen local is at Costco with their Kirkland TP and paper towels and I think a good part of that is morons hoarding, there has been no shortage of the Charmin brand TP that I have seen. It's all the price increases that are killing me! I just got my first rent increase in about two years $75, on top of the gas and food increases....let's just say I'll be losing that weight my doctors been on me about.

CA must be pretty fortunate, because we see significant gaps in shelves in all our general retail and grocery stores here in East Texas.  And as far as catergorization, its pretty much across the board.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.