Author Topic: Most Americans Face “Significant” Supply Chain Impact  (Read 79 times)

Offline corbe

Most Americans Face “Significant” Supply Chain Impact
« on: October 12, 2021, 06:19:18 pm »
Most Americans Face “Significant” Supply Chain Impact

Shawn Cooke  2 hrs ago

© Provided by Civic Science

Few news stories better reflect the CivicScience motto of “everything affects everything” quite like the ongoing supply chain crunch. Ship and shipping container traffic jams, higher prices, barren shelves, monthslong delays, labor shortages, and that persistent pandemic make it a fool’s errand to attribute supply shortages to any sole factor. As The Atlantic put it last week: “America Is Running Out of Everything.”

If you’ve tried to purchase a wide variety of goods — that could be a new couch, gaming system, refrigerator, car, at-home COVID test, chicken wings at the pub — within the past few months, you’ve almost certainly felt the all-encompassing supply chain strain. Since an escape hatch doesn’t seem imminent, CivicScience wanted to check on Americans’ assessment of supply chain issues as the holiday season approaches.

How bad are supply chain issues right now? Quite bad. Everyone seems to agree on that part, with a vast majority of Americans classifying the problem as “significant” or “severe.”

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/most-americans-face-significant-supply-chain-impact/ar-AAPqa65?ocid=msedgntp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Most Americans Face “Significant” Supply Chain Impact
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 06:22:11 pm »
   I ordered the last replacement Window for my house on August 5, current ETA is sometime in November (Manufactured in Illinois).
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 06:28:43 pm »
   I ordered the last replacement Window for my house on August 5, current ETA is sometime in November (Manufactured in Illinois).
That's the thing that confuses me. All these cargo ships are docked in the various oceans, and supposedly came from far away (mostly China). Why the heck is it so difficult to obtain consumer goods from within the continental US?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 06:41:21 pm »
We Cant Make it Here - James McMurtry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozIMC_bgCf4