Author Topic: Texas Gov. Abbott issues order banning Covid vaccination mandates in rebuke of Biden  (Read 306 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Texas Gov. Abbott issues order banning Covid vaccination mandates in rebuke of Biden
NBC News, Oct 11, 2021

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order on Monday prohibiting any entity, including private businesses, from imposing Covid-19 vaccination requirements on employees or customers.

"The COVID-19 vaccine is safe, effective, and our best defense against the virus, but should remain voluntary and never forced," said Abbott said in a statement.

Abbott, a Republican, said in his order that it was prompted by the Biden administration’s vaccine federal mandate, which the governor called federal overreach.

President Joe Biden announced a mandate last month requiring companies with 100 or more employees to ensure that their workforces are vaccinated or regularly tested. The Labor Department has yet to release details of the emergency rule, but Biden last week called on companies to act now and not to wait for the requirement to go into effect.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/texas-gov-abbott-issues-order-banning-covid-vaccination-mandates-rebuke-n1281290

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Heh.  Southwest Airlines is based in Dallas... :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
I'm glad to see that he's finally taking this action. He is also going to include this on the agenda of the upcoming special legislative session, so that it can be made into a Texas law and not just an executive order.
Let it burn.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
A few more examples like this and Texas/Florida will finally achieve the autonomy they deserve.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

A few more examples like this and Texas/Florida will finally achieve the autonomy they deserve.
is this one time that Abbott beat DeSantis to the punch?

Abbott seems to be mostly a follower, not a leader.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington