Author Topic: How 'Let's go Brandon' became an anti-Biden conservative heckle  (Read 205 times)

Online libertybele

How 'Let's go Brandon' became an anti-Biden conservative heckle
« on: October 12, 2021, 12:06:37 am »
How 'Let's go Brandon' became an anti-Biden conservative heckle

"Let's go, Brandon!" has become a popular refrain among US conservatives.

The phrase was spotted on T-shirts as well as a banner pulled by a plane at Donald Trump's rally at the Iowa State Fairgrounds on Saturday. It's a recurring meme on right-wing social media websites.

Fans chanted it at college football games last weekend in Texas and Mississippi.

Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz mentioned it on a conservative podcast, calling it "one of the funniest things I've ever seen".
But what does it mean?

In short, it's an insult directed at Democratic President Joe Biden - and a way for conservatives to thumb their noses at what they see as liberal bias in the mainstream media.

It all started at the end of a televised Nascar stock car race in Talladega, Alabama, on 2 October. NBC reporter Kelli Stavast was interviewing the winner, driver Brandon Brown, when members of the crowd in the grandstand behind them began chanting an obscenity directed at the president.

The vulgar word directed at Joe Biden was clearly picked up on the broadcast's audio.

Whether by mistake or as an intentional attempt to deflect from the swearing on live television, Ms Stavast told Mr Brown that the crowd was cheering him on with chants of "Let's go, Brandon".............................

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58878473

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: How 'Let's go Brandon' became an anti-Biden conservative heckle
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 02:18:47 am »
People hear "Let's go Brandon!" and see it on signs and memes.  They've learnt to look stuff up, and a simple search will pull up the back story instantly. 

People tend to remember what they find themselves, better than they retain just having it handed to them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 02:30:15 am »
People hear "Let's go Brandon!" and see it on signs and memes.  They've learnt to look stuff up, and a simple search will pull up the back story instantly. 

People tend to remember what they find themselves, better than they retain just having it handed to them.

Interestingly, if she was trying to deflect the crowd chant, or not, she mainstreamed a vulgarity.  Everyone now knows that when you say "Lets Go Brandon" it means F*ck Joe Biden.  Well except if you are Joe Biden who asked Jen Saki " They think my name is Brandon/"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 03:45:53 am »
I did see a good one this weekend on the back of a t-shirt - 'F Joe and the Ho!'
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 04:03:50 am »
I did see a good one this weekend on the back of a t-shirt - 'F Joe and the Ho!'

@Free Vulcan

WHICH "Ho"?

The Doctor?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 01:03:11 pm »
@Free Vulcan

WHICH "Ho"?

The Doctor?

No.  Look up how Harris got her big boost in California politics.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.