Author Topic: California to Require Free Period Products in Schools for ‘Menstrual Equity’  (Read 422 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California to Require Free Period Products in Schools for ‘Menstrual Equity’

Amy Furr10 Oct 2021

Period products will be available free inside public schools in California beginning next school year under legislation signed into law on Friday.

The Washington Post reported Sunday:

Public schools with students in grades 6 to 12, community colleges and the California State University System — a network of 23 campuses with more than 485,00 students — will be required to provide free period products in restrooms starting in the 2022-23 academic year. The legislation, named the Menstrual Equity for All Act, was introduced by Cristina Garcia (D), a member of California’s state assembly, and signed into law by Gov. Gavin Newsom (D).

The law is the most recent move toward “menstrual equity” in America’s most populous state.

“This year it also eliminated a tax on menstrual products (also led by Garcia), which Garcia said in a statement costs Californians more than $20 million annually,” the Post article read.

Free period items are already required to be in low-income schools because of 2017 legislation introduced by Garcia, who describes herself as the “Period Princess.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/10/california-to-require-free-period-products-in-schools-for-menstrual-equity/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Free period items are already required to be in low-income schools because of 2017 legislation introduced by Garcia, who describes herself as the “Period Princess.”

Just go with the flow.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Just go with the flow.

CA, just the place I'd want to live!  *****rollingeyes***** To think for years, FL was ridiculed for 'hanging chads' .... I think the absurdity of CA now has us beat!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Garcia, who describes herself as the “Period Princess.”
Her parents must be so proud.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Just peruse the list of threads in this California category. So many are about Newsom's (and the legislature's) latest idiotic rule, regulation, statute or mandate.
Marc Berman
@AsmMarcBerman
Thank you @GavinNewsom for singing my bill to ban the sale of gas powered leaf blowers & other small engine equipment beginning in 2024! This equipment is dangerous to the workers who use it, disruptive to communities, & terribly damaging to our climate
California moves toward ban on gas lawnmowers and leaf blowers
1:42 AM · Oct 10, 2021

Band Aid King Dempsey: Pressure Dressing Respecter
@DempMcgee
California is an unserious place.
2:47 PM · Oct 10, 2021
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought everybody was already doing this for decades? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

I thought everybody was already doing this for decades?

I believe they are mandating it for the boys bathroom as well...

I wonder what creative application the boys will find for them...

Offline EdinVA

Californians has a shot at sanity..... they blew it...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I believe they are mandating it for the boys bathroom as well...

Wrap a M-80 in one to muffle the expulsion.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Exactly.
If today is anything like when I was in high school, when boys get their hands on that stuff, those tampons and pads would be all over the school in no time especially in very inappropriate places. Possibly with ketchup or something all over them just for fun. Regardless of what the insane Liberals think, boys are just boys. You can't change that.

There are some things about females which should be left only in the hands of the girls. Boys do not need to be involved in that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Wrap a M-80 in one to muffle the expulsion.

That assembly would fluff up beautifully, just as the M80 is in the toilet trap.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: