Author Topic: FLORIDA NIGHTMARE — Federal Air Traffic Controllers conduct ‘mass sickout’ to protest Vaccine mandat  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty
@libertybele

Texas Hospital/Rehab rules regarding Covid:
I was a  "special" patient at the hospital and at Rehab place after hospital - hospital 7 days, Rehab 22 days.  Because what happened was an emergency and I was unconscious, docs did not know if i had the vaccine so they treated me as not getting the vaccine which was the best thing to do.

At the hospital and Rehab, I was put in a room away from other patients and could not leave my room but I could not leave the room anyway as I was too cut up by the docs.  When I could move around, I was not allowed out of the room.  After ten days, being checked every three days for the virus, I was put in another room on a hall where patients were, but still could not be around those patients. 

So, if you do not have the vaccine shot and you are in a Hospital/Rehab situation, you will be isolated from other patients and tested for the virus every three days.

If I'm in a hospital, I prefer to be isolated.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
@Cyber Liberty
@libertybele

I was a  "special" patient at the hospital and at Rehab place after hospital - hospital 7 days, Rehab 22 days.  Because what happened was an emergency and I was unconscious, docs did not know if i had the vaccine so they treated me as not getting the vaccine which was the best thing to do.

At the hospital and Rehab, I was put in a room away from other patients and could not leave my room but I could not leave the room anyway as I was too cut up by the docs.  When I could move around, I was not allowed out of the room.  After ten days, being checked every three days for the virus, I was put in another room on a hall where patients were, but still could not be around those patients. 

So, if you do not have the vaccine shot and you are in a Hospital/Rehab situation, you will be isolated from other patients and tested for the virus every three days.

It varies by hospital, or maybe by which corporation controls the hospital. I spent 10 days in the hospital September last year. I was tested for Covid in the emergency room, but once I was admitted to the hospital I was never tested again while I was there. I also wasn't isolated from other patients, although I was in a private room, I was encouraged to walk the hallways as part of my recovery. The only time I was tested again for Covid was when I went back to the hospital for a CT scan a week after I was released.
Let it burn.

Offline libertybele

@Cyber Liberty
@libertybele

I went to see my gastro today and was asked several times if I had the vaccine.  He's doing one procedure and avoiding the other; I specifically asked if it was because I wasn't vaccinated ... he said ... of course not, it's a personal choice.  The way he responded, I am not so sure he was being honest.

Maybe it's time to find a new gastro; they are no longer affiliated with any of the hospitals around here anyways and are strictly only doing outpatient procedures.

The pandemic has disrupted the healthcare system and I have noticed a decline in the care around here. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

The pandemic has disrupted the healthcare system and I have noticed a decline in the care around here.

I think the decline in Health Care services started with the advent of obummercare.  It certainly has exposed them as they truly are $$$ grabbing azzholes hiding behind pseudo Science. 

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Just like you know, when I drink alone I prefer to be by myself.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

I think the decline in Health Care services started with the advent of obummercare. 
I suspect you're right. Thankfully, since then I've stuck to doctors I sought out specifically, not those referred by my primary care dr or any other way. I had my two hip replacements uneventfully (had to get a covid test before the second one, but that's all). I don't think my PCP cares one way or the other whether I've had the vax, but I see him so infrequently, I really don't know.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ditto! Been in for two spinal surgeries, one major and a total knee replacement and I can say categorically I would have preferred to be away from the noise and extra activity. It's bad enough with nurses waking you up just when you get to sleep or in my case panicking every time the alarm went off because of my low oxygen levels.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Just like you know, when I drink alone I prefer to be by myself.
Even when I drink alone I'm not alone, the voices are always there and when I question whether or not I should keep drinking

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Southwest Airlines Offering Free Flights To All Passengers Who Are Vaccinated And Can Fly A Plane

DALLAS, TX—A spokesperson for Southwest Airlines has announced delays in flights due to strange weather that seems to pass over competitors’ planes, only affecting their own signature blue and orange aircraft. The airline has stated these delays have no connection to their pilots protesting vaccine mandates.

The spokesperson then announced a new Southwest Airlines incentive program for potential passengers: All flights, domestic or international, are free to any passenger who is vaccinated and can also fly a plane.

https://babylonbee.com/news/southwest-airlines-offering-free-flights-to-all-passengers-who-are-vaccinated-and-can-fly-a-plane

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
If Psaki says that they were unrelated to vaccine mandates, then they were totally related to vaccine mandates.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1448002182498951168
Let it burn.

Online mountaineer

The not-so-friendly skies
Alex Berenson
   1 hr ago   

Get ready for turbulence ahead.

Yesterday American Airlines had almost 300 of its flights canceled, almost 10 percent of its total schedule, far more than ANY other carrier in the United States (Southwest remains second), and another 673 delayed. It is no doubt purely coincidental that I have heard from multiple pilots at American this week and that its pilot forums are filled with anger at the vaccine mandate.

It is also no doubt a coincidence that Delta - which has had far fewer problems than the other big carriers - has been the only one NOT to impose a vaccine mandate.

Meanwhile, though they still insist last weekend’s meltdown had nothing - NOTHING, I TELL YOU - to do with their vaccine mandate, Southwest’s executives have dramatically changed their rhetoric about said mandate.

On a video call yesterday, the company’s CEO encouraged employees who don’t want to be vaccinated to apply for exemptions and said he didn’t want anyone to lose a job over vaccinations. Last week, the language went like this: “Failure to comply with the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy will result in termination of employment.” (Still, the mandate remains in place, unless Southwest simply decides to wave through every exemption request.)

Nothing to see here, folks.

Let’s be real: many airline employees are furious with the mandates. Especially pilots. By nature they tend to be conservative self-starters. No one decides to fly planes for a living if he isn’t comfortable with pressure and being responsible for other people (and has an ego, too - old joke: How do you know there’s an F-16 pilot in the room? He’ll tell you.)

They - many of them, anyway - don’t want the vaccine. But unlike most people, they can do something about it. They are inside huge companies with VERY complicated work rules, and they have union protections. And they are aware of the fragility of the system, and not just at Southwest.

Airlines can swing from huge profits to huge losses in months, depending on fuel prices and the overall economy - and that was before Covid travel rules made their corporate lives even more complicated. (No less an investor than Warren Buffett once said he would again never buy them again after a bad investment on them in the 1980s; then he did again, then he sold his positions at exactly the wrong time, after Covid hit last spring.)

Which means the pilots have a lot of leverage, should they choose to use it. A small number of sickouts at a single airline can snarl operations and lead to systemwide flight cancellations that leave tens or hundreds of thousands of people stranded for days. The costs to the travelers caught in the middle of this fight are real - they’ll be stuck and miserable at airports as their vacations are ruined and they miss funerals and weddings and business trips.

The pilots I’ve heard from don’t want that - they didn’t become pilots NOT to fly. But they also recognize they are speaking for tens of millions of working Americans who are furious with the choice the Biden Administration is forcing on them: your right to make medical decisions for yourself, or your job.

So what happens next? The answer may come down to a delicate dance between the airlines - especially Southwest and American - and their employees. If the airlines signal that anyone who wants an exemption can get one, they may keep the anger to manageable levels.

If not - or if the Biden Administration steps in to force the issue?

I leave you with this email from yesterday:

I‘m a paid subscriber and thankful to be so.  I’m also a pilot and fly international routes.  On our trip back today from Europe to one of the airports in Texas we heard quite a bit of chatter on the 121.5 emergency frequency we always monitor. We figured out that it was people saying “Let’s go Brandon” and in some cases something worse  😀

And we heard this most of the way after crossing the Canadian border.  In my 20+ year the frequency has always remained silent.  Not today. 

---

121.5 is in use. The emergency is real. And not just in the air.

Online mountaineer

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec
·
13h
BREAKING: An Alaska Airlines employee just sent me this photo from a plane on the runway in Anchorage
#FreedomFlu is spreading

9:11 PM · Oct 13, 2021

Offline Kamaji

Viz. Southwest:  I heard something interesting today from a reasonably reliable source (can't disclose, so if that makes a difference, I accept that).  Apparently, one big problem they are having is that they do not have enough flight attendants for all of their flights, and for that reason they are having to cancel flights.  My understanding is that federal law requires one flight attendant per every 50 passengers on a plane, and they can't get enough staff to staff all the flights now.

Offline Hoodat

Viz. Southwest:  I heard something interesting today from a reasonably reliable source (can't disclose, so if that makes a difference, I accept that).  Apparently, one big problem they are having is that they do not have enough flight attendants for all of their flights, and for that reason they are having to cancel flights.  My understanding is that federal law requires one flight attendant per every 50 passengers on a plane, and they can't get enough staff to staff all the flights now.

I spoke with a SWA pilot yesterday while on my way through the airport.  Not knowing anything about me, he downplayed it, insisting that there was nothing coordinated going on. But he did say that senior pilots close to retirement decided to take some PTO days they had remaining.  I thanked him and said that there were millions of Americans who support their right to liberty.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Is it possible that the incompetence of Secretary Pete "Look, I'm a dad!" Buttigieg is all over this situation and the cargo ship crisis?
Why not? This administration has the reverse Midas touch. Everything it has touched has turned into a stinking, steaming, pile of fly bait.

That isn't incompetence, it is the result of an incorrect worldview mixed with lethal doses of Hubris.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 03:58:22 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Science Says:  American Airlines is next.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

Science Says:  American Airlines is next.
See my post above.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
See my post above.

Yep!  Proudly posting before reading the thread since 1998!   :silly:
I will NOT comply.