Author Topic: Derek Hunter: Sorry, But McConnell Actually Did The Right Thing  (Read 52 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sorry, But McConnell Actually Did The Right Thing
Derek Hunter

Posted: Oct 10, 2021 12:01 AM

I was a decent hockey player and an average baseball player, but there is no sporting event that exists that I don’t know exactly what the participants should have done. If they had all, and I do mean all, listened to me, they would have easily won or succeeded at whatever personal objective they were attempting to achieve. You’re probably the same way. It’s called “Monday Morning Quarterbacking” for a reason, and everyone is guilty of it. Sometimes, however, no matter how insistent the “quarterbacks” are after the fact, there really weren’t that many options at the time. You get that when the people playing quarterback never actually played football in real life.

Politics is the ultimate sport for the un-athletic. It’s really easy, there are no barriers to entry and no consequences for being wildly wrong. Opinions are, after all, like exactly what the old saying says and for that very reason.

That being said, we all do have them. And in today’s day an age, nearly everyone has a show somewhere: cable, online, radio, podcast, whatever. All of those venues are now like what opinions are like, only with more people are literally the things “everyone has.”

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2021/10/10/sorry-but-mcconnell-actually-did-the-right-thing-n2597204
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Re: Derek Hunter: Sorry, But McConnell Actually Did The Right Thing
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 02:21:38 pm »
So 'doing the right thing' means giving the Democrats what they want and then remaining silent while they gloat about it?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-