Author Topic: Democratic anxiety rises as Trump bid appears more likely  (Read 133 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democratic anxiety rises as Trump bid appears more likely
« on: October 09, 2021, 12:00:09 am »
Democratic anxiety rises as Trump bid appears more likely
By Amie Parnes - 10/08/21 06:00 AM EDT

Democrats are worried about another White House bid by former President Trump, something that is appearing increasingly likely on the eve of an Iowa rally by the leading potential GOP candidate.

Democrats say Trump can’t be taken for granted. While some are confident a new Trump candidacy would bring out a wave of Democratic voters to defeat him, others are worried he could return to power. And that’s enough to bring shudders to most in the party.

“There's not a strategist or insider that I'm hanging out with who would like to see Donald Trump running again,” said Rachel Bitecofer, a Democratic pollster. “Nobody should think he would be a weak nominee.”

Bitecofer and other Democrats still traumatized by Trump’s surprise win in 2016, his four years in office and his near-miss defeat last year say he’s proven time and again that he can be competitive, particularly when the odds are stacked against him.

“He almost re-won the White House in 2020 even after four years of scandal after scandal, and then the pandemic and the mismanagement of that,” she added. “That never affected him. And he almost won and his party picked up seats in the House.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/575856-democratic-anxiety-rises-as-trump-bid-appears-more-likely
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Re: Democratic anxiety rises as Trump bid appears more likely
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 12:04:23 am »
Hence, the mad scramble to sling as much mud as possible on Trump.. Expect it to continue..

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 12:08:00 am »
Hence, the mad scramble to sling as much mud as possible on Trump.. Expect it to continue..

The mud slinging is one thing, I still think that they are going to find a way to bring up charges and keep him busy in and out of the courts as well as tie up his money.

My concern is that he'll be 78.  Granted he has a ton of energy, but nonetheless he's getting up in years.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 12:28:12 am »
Old people should just die and be worm food. Give back to nature.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 12:43:52 am »
Old people should just die and be worm food. Give back to nature.
Well, I wish you and AOC lotsa luck