Author Topic: Trump Hotel lost more than $70M during presidency, say documents  (Read 324 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Hotel lost more than $70M during presidency, say documents
By Mike Lillis - 10/08/21 01:00 PM EDT

The Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., lost tens of millions of dollars in the four years that Donald Trump was president, even as he was claiming big profits on the operation, according to documents unveiled Friday by Democrats on the House Oversight and Reform Committee.

The lavish hotel, which sits just blocks from the White House, has been a lightning rod of controversy since Trump won the presidency in 2016, not least because it played host to numerous foreign dignitaries, business leaders and other powerful figures with vested interests in U.S. foreign policy and domestic regulation.

Trump, in entering the White House, had bucked tradition by refusing to extract himself fully from his namesake business empire. And Democrats, for years, have accused Trump of leveraging the powers of the office to reap profits for the hotel and the numerous other business ventures operated by his company around the globe.

The newly released documents, provided to the committee by the General Services Administration (GSA), which manages the federal lease governing the hotel, found that while Trump's company did pull in millions of dollars from foreign governments over his White House term, the operation overall was a money pit, losing more than $71 million from 2017 to 2020.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/575956-trump-hotel-lost-more-than-70m-during-presidency-say-documents
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Trump Hotel lost more than $70M during presidency, say documents
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 06:16:07 pm »
So, Dems just admitted their emoluments claim was frivolous? :silly:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 06:49:34 pm »
Every other politician goes to Washington DC to get rich.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 07:18:11 pm »
We did our part. Spent two nights there, and it was such a great experience. Beautiful hotel.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 07:40:08 pm »
We did our part. Spent two nights there, and it was such a great experience. Beautiful hotel.
though we did not stay there my son and I had a drink there a couple of years ago. Indeed it is a beautiful hotel.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 07:41:49 pm by skeeter »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2021, 04:34:40 pm »
And here I thought, as per the democrats, that people were just falling head over heels to pay through the nose to President Trump on these hotels.  What a farce.

On the other hand, we know for a fact that Hunter Biden is making money hand over fist solely because of the fact his father currently occupies the White House.

But, as per the democrats, nothing to see here, just an honest starving artist finally making it good.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 04:35:43 pm by Kamaji »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2021, 07:50:19 pm »
Not bad, considering the all-out boycott wars of everything Trump over the past 5-6 years.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 09:07:27 pm »
Nice write-off in tax season. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2021, 09:45:10 pm »
   I would have guessed 'The Brand' lost much more with his kids running it.   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2021, 09:57:10 pm »
I think this country has a lot more to worry about than how much $$ the Trump hotel lost.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2021, 10:15:09 pm »
I think this country has a lot more to worry about than how much $$ the Trump hotel lost.
As the story came from The Hill, I suspect it was intended to distract from Biden's latest debacle.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2021, 10:45:22 pm »
As the story came from The Hill, I suspect it was intended to distract from Biden's latest debacle.

It's still less than the $80B or so that Shortbus Joe gave to the enemy in Afghanistan.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: