Author Topic: Jobless claims fall to 326,000, breaking three-week streak of increases  (Read 273 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jobless claims fall to 326,000, breaking three-week streak of increases
by Zachary Halaschak, Economics Reporter |
 | October 07, 2021 08:32 AM

The number of new applications for unemployment benefits fell 38,000 last week to 326,000, the Labor Department reported on Thursday.

In a positive sign for the U.S. economic recovery, Thursday’s jobless claims number was less than forecasters’ expectations of 348,000.

Thursday’s numbers come after a rough August jobs report that fell well short of forecasters’ expectations . The economy added just 235,000 new jobs last month, well below the 750,000 that were expected. The overall unemployment rate dropped slightly from 5.4% to 5.2%.

Millions are still unemployed compared to before the COVID-19 pandemic when the country’s unemployment rate dipped as low as 3.5% — its lowest level in decades. The delta variant of COVID-19 has been posing obstacles for the economy and has slowed economic growth.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/jobless-claims-economic-recovery-continues
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Re: Jobless claims fall to 326,000, breaking three-week streak of increases
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 01:12:29 pm »
The economy has the Joementum to carry us Onward.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 06:07:20 pm »
Yeah I heard this same hoopla under the previous misadministratrion Joe Blow was part of, it's ridiculous and deceitful to tout this as a positive without including data as to how many of those falling claims are due to recipients having run out of benefits and being dropped from the rolls.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 06:12:52 pm »
But... 326000 people lost their jobs, how is that not an increase in jobless?
To much spin... getting dizzy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 06:52:46 pm »
But... 326000 people lost their jobs, how is that not an increase in jobless?
To much spin... getting dizzy
Aw but you didn't liberal speak it, first it was there weren't as many claims as expected so walla! a drop in claims(not real) and then there was less jobs created by a huge amount, but hey there were less new jobless claims from what were predicted so forget about the lack of new jobs created because there were less new jobless claims from what were predicted and the jobless rate dropped by .2%, SO MUCH WINNING! No wonder your getting dizzy...me too!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 06:54:32 pm »
Aw but you didn't liberal speak it, first it was there weren't as many claims as expected so walla! a drop in claims(not real) and then there was less jobs created by a huge amount, but hey there were less new jobless claims from what were predicted so forget about the lack of new jobs created because there were less new jobless claims from what were predicted and the jobless rate dropped by .2%, SO MUCH WINNING! No wonder your getting dizzy...me too!

That hurt my brain....  :chairbang:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2021, 01:09:44 pm »
Just in... 

(1) Payrolls (employment)  up 180K, 500K exepcted. 
(2) TESLA moving from Palo Alto to Austin.  Shit.....  more freakin' liberal voters to deal with.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.