Author Topic: Democrats eager for another shot at turning Texas blue  (Read 554 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats eager for another shot at turning Texas blue
« on: October 07, 2021, 01:05:59 pm »
Democrats eager for another shot at turning Texas blue
By Tal Axelrod - 10/07/21 06:00 AM EDT

Democrats are setting their sights once again on Texas in the 2022 midterm elections as they look to put a disappointing 2020 cycle in which they didn’t achieve many of their lofty goals in the rearview mirror.

The party has netted high-profile candidates for the lieutenant governor’s race, and an uptick in chatter over a possible gubernatorial bid by former Rep. Beto O’Rourke has Democrats eager to take another shot at Gov. Greg Abbott (R). Lawmakers and operatives are cobbling together an electoral playbook that rides on a backlash to policies pushed by Austin, including a virtual total ban on abortions and strict voter restrictions, as well as the bungling of a winter storm.

But they’ve been disappointed before, including last year, when after Democrats boasted of flipping Texas statewide and controlling its House, voters ended up going with former President Trump and boosted Sen. John Cornyn to reelection while maintaining Republicans’ majority in the lower legislative chamber. And next year, Democrats will contend with new congressional maps that make it even harder to oust House incumbents.

“For the longest time, things have been pretty bleak since the election. But I think now there is that glimmer of hope, there is that glimmer of urgency too, that in order to save our state we have to start winning elections at all levels of government,” said one Texas Democratic strategist.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/575666-democrats-eager-for-another-shot-at-turning-texas-blue
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Democrats eager for another shot at turning Texas blue
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 01:28:34 pm »
Good luck on that one.

Hispanics are increasingly Republican as they do not embrace most of the leftists' agenda, particularly open borders.

And Texas is almost half Hispanic
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 10:38:19 pm »
I sailed wrote:
"And Texas is almost half Hispanic"

And that in itself tells me that Texas' conservative days are numbered.

I simply do not believe you regarding the political leanings of "Hispanics" in Texas, particularly recent illegal invaders.

There is no "magic fairy dust" that gets sprinkled on Hispanics when they cross the border into Texas.
Look at their voting records in both California and New Mexico.

Both are the ONLY states in the USA where whites are now a minority.
How do those states vote?

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 01:10:04 am »
I sailed wrote:

I simply do not believe you regarding the political leanings of "Hispanics" in Texas, particularly recent illegal invaders.

There is no "magic fairy dust" that gets sprinkled on Hispanics when they cross the border into Texas.

We do not see that evidence in Texas.  In fact, the 2nd largest town in the Valley which is 85% Hispanic elected its first Republican mayor.  https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,439238.msg2442165.html#msg2442165

The trends are against your assessment.

Perhaps you believe that permitting illegals to vote in California and NM will also be made in Texas?  That one is a laugh.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 01:13:13 am »
The sHill doing what it does best.  Fake news.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 01:21:52 am »
   Beto will grab the Dem nomination just because of his ability to raise National $$$ for the dem party and then he will become a 3 time Loser. 

He couldn't carry the last dem Govenor's balls in his purse.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2021, 01:22:07 am »
I sailed wrote:

I agree with you @Fishrrman   The demographics of TX has been changing. That was evidenced by the narrow win Cruz won over Beto.  The Hispanic population of TX continues to grow rapidly.

.......the results of the 2020 census released .... showed that Texas’ explosive growth over the past decade was again powered by people of color.

And it is the state’s cities and suburbs that are booming, with Texas home to three of the country’s 10 largest cities and four of the fastest-growing.

Texas gained the most residents of any state since 2010, and its Hispanic population is now nearly as large as the non-Hispanic white population, with just half a percentage point separating them. Texas gained nearly 11 Hispanic residents for every additional white resident since 2010.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/08/12/texas-2020-census/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2021, 01:23:41 am »
   Beto will grab the Dem nomination just because of his ability to raise National $$$ for the dem party and then he will become a 3 time Loser. 

He couldn't carry the last dem Govenor's balls in his purse.

Spot on.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2021, 01:32:46 am »
I agree with you @Fishrrman   The demographics of TX has been changing. That was evidenced by the narrow win Cruz won over Beto.  The Hispanic population of TX continues to grow rapidly.

.......the results of the 2020 census released .... showed that Texas’ explosive growth over the past decade was again powered by people of color.

And it is the state’s cities and suburbs that are booming, with Texas home to three of the country’s 10 largest cities and four of the fastest-growing.

Texas gained the most residents of any state since 2010, and its Hispanic population is now nearly as large as the non-Hispanic white population, with just half a percentage point separating them. Texas gained nearly 11 Hispanic residents for every additional white resident since 2010.

The GOP picked up significant voters in 2020 in the valley which typically swings dems by an overwhelming margin.
   Cruz won by a measly 2.5% because butt hurt Trumpers refused to vote for him (not unlike me refusing to vote for their guy). 

Proof: Cornryn won by 20% 2 years later.

@libertybele
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2021, 01:43:00 am »
   The GOP picked up significant voters in 2020 in the valley which typically swings dems by an overwhelming margin.
   Cruz won by a measly 2.5% because butt hurt Trumpers refused to vote for him (not unlike me refusing to vote for their guy). 

Proof: Cornryn won by 20% 2 years later.

@libertybele

@corbe I don't believe there was such disdain for Cruz that they voted for Beto instead.  You and I need to just agree to disagree on that one.

There is no denying the stats on the influx of the Hispanic population --  they want their promised freebies and will vote accordingly.

Refugees have up to 5 years to claim citizenship -- which means that they will likely be voting in the 2024 election -- the DEMS will see to it that they are registered.

Same thing is happening in FL.

The only chance is TX and FL seceding -- I don't see that happening anytime soon - I may be wrong on that one.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2021, 01:56:00 am »
   By refusing to vote for Trump twice, doesn't mean I ever considered voting for hellary or bidet.  It's the same with Texas Trumpers, they didn't vote for beto they just left the Cruz spot empty, purposely not voting straight ticket.  Many, Many more people voted for Gov Abbott that year than Cruz.
    You can no longer vote straight ticket in Texas, 2020 being the first year.

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2021, 02:37:42 am »

The fallacy that Hispanics can be grouped into a single voting pattern is akin to grouping all whites into a single voting pattern.

If there is any stereotypes of Hispanics , it is that they are predominately Catholic, pro-family, pro-life and against illegal immigration,  none of which support Democrat principles.

You may also wish to read this article.
California and Texas: The Blue and the Red?
https://lawliberty.org/book-review/california-and-texas-the-blue-and-the-red/
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 03:40:16 am by IsailedawayfromFR »