Author Topic: Senate Passes Election Bill Fix to Keep Voter Fraud a Felony  (Read 260 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Senate Passes Election Bill Fix to Keep Voter Fraud a Felony
« on: October 06, 2021, 11:50:41 pm »
Texas Scorecard by Erin Anderson October 6, 2021

The Senate’s fix maintains the status quo for illegal voting penalties, but it’s not clear if the House will act to keep stronger punishments for cheaters.

A legislative fix to keep voter fraud a felony in Texas sailed through the state Senate this week, but it will stall in the House unless Republicans in charge agree to deliver what GOP grassroots called for.

A move today sending the Senate’s bill to a House committee may signal that the speaker is relenting on his earlier opposition to the fix.

On Tuesday, senators passed Senate Bill 10, which would retain the current felony penalties for illegal voting—a collection of offenses that includes stealing votes, double voting, and other forms of cheating:

An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree unless the person is convicted of an attempt. In that case, the offense is a state jail felony.

“This will maintain the status quo for penalties for those offenses before Senate Bill 1,” said State Sen. Bryan Hughes (R–Mineola), who authored both SB 10 and the original measure his new bill aims to fix.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/senate-passes-election-bill-fix-to-keep-voter-fraud-a-felony/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Senate Passes Election Bill Fix to Keep Voter Fraud a Felony
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 11:52:53 pm »
Dade Phelan is about as Republican as Nancy Pelosi!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Senate Passes Election Bill Fix to Keep Voter Fraud a Felony
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 10:41:37 pm »
Nothing on that list above that will do much to stop the border invasion.

Why is that...?