Author Topic: Sleep Apnea Surgery  (Read 159 times)

rangerrebew

Sleep Apnea Surgery
« on: October 06, 2021, 06:10:27 pm »
Sleep Apnea Surgery
Benefits, Risks, and Alternatives to Consider
By Deirdre MundorfOct 6, 2021 1:00 AM

This article contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.

**The information provided in this article is not meant to take the place of medical advice from a trained physician.  Always consult with a physician before making any medical decisions, beginning treatment for a health condition, or starting a new fitness or diet regimen.

According to the American Sleep Apnea Association, approximately 22 million Americans have sleep apnea.  This condition causes a person’s breathing to become disrupted and stop and start overnight.  Individuals suffering from sleep apnea often still feel tired the next day, even after getting 7 or 8 hours of sleep.  They may also suffer from various other negative side effects such as irritability, trouble concentrating, and high blood pressure. 

Inspire for sleep apnea is a surgical treatment designed to help individuals with obstructive sleep apnea, the most common type of sleep apnea.  The device opens up the airway while you’re sleeping and helps to facilitate normal, uninterrupted breathing. 

https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/sleep-apnea-surgery?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Collide-a-scape+%28Collide-a-Scape%29

Offline rustynail

Re: Sleep Apnea Surgery
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 06:27:31 pm »
Nothing funny about Sleep Apnea.   

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 06:34:24 pm »

No there isn't.  I've dealt with it for probably 20 years and it isn't getting easier.  I'm going to investigate this and if it's reasonable I wouldn't might do it.  I certainly don't object to getting rid of the mask. :xedfingers:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 06:38:17 pm »

I've tussled with MD's for years about them wanting me to evaluate this condition. 

But in my case, I have always been an extremely light sleeper, and I couldn't deal what that contraption on my face.  Like I told them...  Making me do that would probably make me die earlier from sleep depreviaton than sleep apnea.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.