Author Topic: Joe Biden Threatens Change of Senate Filibuster Rules in Debt Standoff  (Read 107 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Threatens Change of Senate Filibuster Rules in Debt Standoff

Charlie Spiering 6 Oct 2021

President Joe Biden floated the proposal Tuesday of getting rid of the filibuster rules in the Senate to raise the debt limit.

“Oh, I think that’s a real possibility,” Biden replied when asked by reporters if he would consider the idea to prevent the country from defaulting on the nation’s debt.

The president commented shortly as he returned to the White House from Michigan, where he campaigned for his multitrillion-dollar entitlement spending agenda.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Senate Republicans oppose raising the debt ceiling, demanding that Democrats raise the debt limit by themselves using budget reconciliation.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/06/joe-biden-threatens-change-of-senate-filibuster-rules-in-debt-standoff/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Joe Biden Threatens Change of Senate Filibuster Rules in Debt Standoff
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 05:38:23 pm »
I hope it doesn't come to this!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 05:39:59 pm by Elderberry »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 05:40:10 pm »
biden runs the executive branch, not the legislative.
Although he has a mouth, he does not have the hammer to back it up.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 05:47:30 pm »

They need to go back to the speaking fillibuster - the one where it takes 60 votes to end debate.

The current fillibuster has too low of a cost.  It's much less effort to phone in the fillibuster than to spend hours, or days, holding the Senate Floor by reading the phone book.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 05:49:49 pm »
The time is now to end any cooperation of any kind with the Democratic Party.  Their philosphy of changing the rules when it benefits them has to stop.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.