Author Topic: This veteran analyst hears echoes of the 1929 crash in today’s stock market  (Read 233 times)

Offline libertybele

This veteran analyst hears echoes of the 1929 crash in today’s stock market

tocks are climbing following a big wipeout, chiefly for tech. The Nasdaq Composite COMP, +1.25% has been teetering toward correction territory and the S&P 500 SPX, +1.05% and Dow industrials DJIA, +0.92% were halfway there after Monday’s close. With jobs data looming for Friday, even the bravest dip buyers could be forgiven for having second thoughts.

Don’t look for reassurance in our call of the day, where the founder and CEO of BullAndBearProfits.com, Jon Wolfenbarger, predicts U.S. stocks may be “on the verge of starting the biggest bear market since the Great Depression.”

“Now with the Fed talking about tapering and money supply growth slowing
significantly from 39% y/y in February to only 8% y/y in August, perhaps that is
enough of a ‘tight monetary policy’ to change investor psychology to a more
bearish mood? We will see,” he said in a Monday interview and follow-up comments with MarketWatch.

Wolfenbarger, who spent 22 years as an equity analyst at Allianz Global Investors, said while he’s not a permabear — his newsletter offers strategies for profiting when markets go both ways — investors should heed some warnings signs.

Overbullish sentiment, economic weakness, excessive debt levels and limited policy tools are key ingredients for a market rout worse than that seen in 2008-09, he said, adding that a top for the S&P 500 reached a few weeks ago could have been the start. ...........

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-this-veteran-analyst-sees-stocks-headed-for-the-biggest-bear-market-since-the-great-depression-11633432477?mod=home-page
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
From the Nov 2, 2020 low to the recent early Sept high, the S&P 500 year-on-year was up almost 50%.

That's a total joke and just pure monetary easing driven froth. The air desperately needed to be let out of the balloon.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Earlier on another thread I mentioned the difficulty I am having of finding Spot Gold +10.

That is no accident.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
From the Nov 2, 2020 low to the recent early Sept high, the S&P 500 year-on-year was up almost 50%.

That's a total joke and just pure monetary easing driven froth. The air desperately needed to be let out of the balloon.

There is nothing or any reason that this market is anywhere remotely sustainable.  A lot of what happens in the next few months with fiscal policy will dictate whether this is a '29 ish type crash or a Weimar Republic type ultra-hyper-inflation event.

Either scenario is a disaster, and I hope everyone has prepared.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.