Author Topic: Sen. Joni Ernst Calls on Biden to Resign, Condemns Pentagon ‘Double Standard’ on Scheller, Vindman  (Read 124 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by Robert Kraychik 4 Oct 2021

Exclusive: Sen. Joni Ernst Calls on Biden to Resign, Condemns Pentagon ‘Double Standard’ on Scheller, Vindman

Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) called for President Joe Biden to resign over his handling of the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Sunday with host Joel Pollak.

“I can’t point the finger at anybody that was serving in Afghanistan, because I think they were providing their best military advice through the chain of command, all the way up to the top,” Ernst said. “Our president, Joe Biden, is one that chose not to follow their best military advice. He’s the one that gave that order. He’s the one that needs to go.”

She bluntly asserted, “We have 13 dead Americans because what the president did.”

Ernst stated, “We’re going to continue digging into what happened [with] this withdrawal [and] how this occurred. We spent 20 years in Afghanistan, all for naught, except that these wonderful men and women that have served in Afghanistan and Iraq have kept our country safe for two decades. I know they’re disheartened to see it fall. I am, too, and we want to thank them for their service, but certainly what Joe Biden has done is thrown that away.”

“It falls on the president’s shoulders,” she added. “He is the commander-in-chief. He did give lawful orders. You can’t disobey lawful orders, but I would say that these political appointees need to go. They need to come out. Secretary Blinken is one that I think needs to be held accountable. He continues to tell us that we’ve only got a hundred Americans left in Afghanistan, and yet we have plane loads of Americans coming out of Afghanistan every week. Sounds like we should have all Americans out of this point, but we know that’s not true.”

More: https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2021/10/04/exclusive-sen-joni-ernst-calls-on-biden-to-resign-condemns-pentagon-double-standard-on-scheller-vindman/