Author Topic: Virginia parents slam Democrat McAuliffe's remark on what kids learn in school: He is 'just wrong'  (Read 366 times)

Offline EdinVA

Virginia parents slam Democrat McAuliffe's remark on what kids learn in school: He is 'just wrong'

"I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach," McAuliffe, who previously served as governor of Virginia from 2014 to 2018, said during the debate in Alexandria, Virginia.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/virginia-parents-terry-mcauliffe-education-schools

Online DB

A government that serves the people is now a government that rules the people.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I always wondered why the Clintons ignored and distanced themselves from the dummie... now we know.  He's a bloody dumbass commie.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rustynail

He would have them arrested.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The People's Republic of Virginia doesn't give a damn WHAT the serfs think.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

I'll bet VA private schools and homeschool organizations are getting deluged with inquiries, between Covid-closures, teachers union antics, and now McAwful's comment.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Who's taxes pay for those schools?  Parents'?

Who's votes elect government officials?  Parents'?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Absalom

A reflection.
Structured education was one of many revolutionary nostrums that evolved from the Enlightenment.
From the dawn of culture/society, thousands of years past, family & friends were the "teachers".
Consider, Socrates tutored Plato who tutored Aristotle; yet we know better. Why of course!!!