Author Topic: PHOTOS: Oil Spill in Huntington Beach Threatens Coastline, Wildlife  (Read 180 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
PHOTOS: Oil Spill in Huntington Beach Threatens Coastline, Wildlife

Joel B. Pollak 4 Oct 2021

Crews in Huntington Beach are scrambling to contain the damage after an offshore pipeline leaked over 126,000 of crude oil into the ocean, creating a slick that is washing up along the shore on one of Orange County’s most famous beaches.

The exact cause of the spill is unknown. Locals had already noticed a smell of oil by Friday. Hope that the oil slick could be kept off the beaches was dashed on Saturday night, when the beaches were closed and a local air show was canceled.

HUNTINGTON BEACH, CALIFORNIA – OCTOBER 03: Oil is washed up on Huntington State Beach after a 126,000-gallon oil spill from an offshore oil platform on October 3, 2021 in Huntington Beach, California. The spill forced the closure of the popular Great Pacific Airshow with authorities urging people to avoid beaches in the vicinity. (Photo by Mario Tama/Getty Images)

more
https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2021/10/04/photos-oil-spill-in-huntington-beach-threatens-coastline-wildlife/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: PHOTOS: Oil Spill in Huntington Beach Threatens Coastline, Wildlife
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 03:18:58 pm »
The spill was caused by a breach connected to the Elly oil rig and stretched from the Huntington Beach Pier down to Newport Beach, an area popular with surfers and sunbathers.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/major-oil-spill-washes-ashore-california-killing-wildlife-2021-10-03/

Kind of takes me back to the sixties when there was natural oil seepage washing up on the SoCal beaches.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 03:31:35 pm »
Slightly surprised that there are any off shore platforms off the coast of CA.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 05:04:04 pm »
Kind of takes me back to the sixties when there was natural oil seepage washing up on the SoCal beaches.

There still was in the mid 1980s, and probably still is. It's probably been going on for centuries or millennia.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 11:20:02 pm »
I guess they are now saying the pipeline may have been damaged by an anchor. Maybe from people off shore watching the air show? Seems it would have to be a pretty big vessel for anchor large enough to punch a hole, I hope they are inspecting the entire pipeline now.

Online DB

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 11:22:55 pm »
I guess they are now saying the pipeline may have been damaged by an anchor. Maybe from people off shore watching the air show? Seems it would have to be a pretty big vessel for anchor large enough to punch a hole, I hope they are inspecting the entire pipeline now.

More likely eco-terrorists to get the platforms banned.