Author Topic: Drug Seizure Stats Reveal Nationwide Impact of Bad Border Policies  (Read 104 times)

rangerrebew

Drug Seizure Stats Reveal Nationwide Impact of Bad Border Policies
Del Rio hard drug apprehensions plummet
By Andrew R. Arthur on October 1, 2021

Pictures of the filth-strewn migrant camp erected by a tidal wave of migrants that crashed on the banks of the Rio Grande in Del Rio, Texas, in the past few weeks will likely soon be forgotten. The chaos that has been reigning there for months, however, will leave its mark on emergency rooms, mortuaries, and family gatherings nationwide for years to come. That’s because agents in Del Rio are too overwhelmed dealing with the effects of bad border policies to stop the flow of narcotics into the United States.

I returned to Del Rio in August after a four-year absence. As I explained when I got back, there was no evidence of a border there. Border Patrol agents, normally ubiquitous in that border town, at the river, and on the roads, were absent. They were simply too busy processing migrants and heating baby bottles to perform their core mission of stopping drugs and migrants from flowing in.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Drug-Seizure-Stats-Reveal-Nationwide-Impact-Bad-Border-Policies