Author Topic: POLITICO Playbook: ‘The strangest thing I’ve ever seen’  (Read 126 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
POLITICO Playbook: ‘The strangest thing I’ve ever seen’
« on: October 03, 2021, 11:45:56 am »
Politico by RACHAEL BADE and RYAN LIZZA 10/2/2021

“The fact that the president came to the Hill and whipped against his own bill is the strangest thing I’ve ever seen.”

That late-night observation was just one of many we heard from frustrated lawmakers and senior aides stunned by what happened in the House on Friday.

— What senior Dems thought was going to happen: President JOE BIDEN was coming to the Hill to support Speaker NANCY PELOSI’s efforts to rally the party behind his historic $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure plan ahead of a Friday vote.

— What ended up happening instead: Biden told them he wanted to hold off on BIF until there was a reconciliation deal — even if that means delaying the vote for several more days or even weeks.

Biden’s move put Pelosi in a tough spot. She’d promised House moderates a vote on BIF this week, but the president himself blew up that timeframe — essentially forcing Pelosi to choose between breaking her promise and defying her president.

BUT HERE’S WHERE THINGS GET REALLY INTERESTING: Some progressive Democrats suggested to their colleagues that the White House — at its most senior levels — gave them a green light to tank the BIF vote if Pelosi went ahead with it, we’re told from three congressional sources.

More: https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2021/10/02/the-strangest-thing-ive-ever-seen-494555

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: POLITICO Playbook: ‘The strangest thing I’ve ever seen’
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 05:50:47 pm »
It's surprising that Bade is still allowed to write for Pullutico.  Her bio is at the link.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: