Author Topic: Artist Paints Portraits of 13 Servicemembers Killed in Afghanistan in 13 Days: ‘I Needed to Honor Th  (Read 127 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Artist Paints Portraits of 13 Servicemembers Killed in Afghanistan in 13 Days: ‘I Needed to Honor Them’

Amy Furr 1 Oct 2021

When she heard about the suicide bombing in Kabul, Afghanistan, during which 13 United States servicemembers were killed, artist Kristy Dubinsky decided to do something very special for an art show in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

The high school art teacher and artist whose specialty is in military themes, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette something inside her kept saying “paint the 13.”

“I immediately knew I needed to complete one portrait each day for 13 consecutive days for the 13 fallen heroes on 13 separate canvases. I just needed to honor them in that way – I didn’t have a choice,” she noted.

Dubinsky knew that it was September 2 and she had a mere 13 days to finish them before the big reveal.

She began working on the first portrait, Navy Corpsman Maxton “Max” Soviak, inside her classroom after school and painted the rest in her basement studio at her house in Westmoreland County.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/education/2021/10/01/artist-paints-portraits-of-13-servicemembers-killed-in-afghanistan-in-13-days-i-needed-to-honor-them/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34