Author Topic: Pelosi says $1.2T infrastructure bill vote will happen Thursday despite Dems’ infighting  (Read 144 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Pelosi says $1.2T infrastructure bill vote will happen Thursday despite Dems’ infighting
By Callie Patteson and
Juliegrace Brufke   
September 30, 2021 11:42am

The vote on the bipartisan infrastructure bill is set to move forward on Thursday, despite progressives vowing to withhold their support for the measure until there is movement on a sweeping social spending bill — with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi saying “we are on a path to win the vote.”

Pelosi’s confidence in the vote comes as top Democrats seek to pass the $1.2 trillion infrastructure deal and President Biden’s $3.5 trillion budget reconciliation bill, while moderates and progressives have signaled their willingness to kill both in recent days.

“I do not plan on not doing anything,” Pelosi (D-Calif.) said when asked if she would delay the vote. “I plan on moving forward in a positive direction.”

“I’m only envisioning taking it up and winning,” the speaker added.

“We’re on a path to win the vote and I don’t want to even consider any options other than that.”

Other Democrats, however, have little faith in a positive outcome for the bill.

more
https://nypost.com/2021/09/30/pelosi-says-1-2t-infrastructure-bill-vote-will-happen-thursday/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline berdie

Although that made me lol...it's so true that it is sad.

Offline libertybele

...and if Nancy is wrong??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.