Author Topic: Smith & Wesson Gun Maker Abandons Massachusetts for Freedom-Loving Tennessee  (Read 342 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

GOVERNOR LEE, COMMISSIONER ROLFE ANNOUNCE SMITH & WESSON BRANDS, INC. TO RELOCATE HEADQUARTERS AND OTHER MAJOR OPERATIONS TO TENNESSEE

https://tnecd.com/news/governor-lee-commissioner-rolfe-announce-smith-wesson-brands-inc-to-relocate-headquarters-and-other-major-operations-to-tennessee/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee, Department of Economic and Community Development Commissioner Bob Rolfe and Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. officials today announced the U.S.-based leader in firearms manufacturing and design will relocate its headquarters and other major operations from Springfield, Massachusetts to Maryville, Tennessee.

In addition to its headquarters, Smith & Wesson will relocate its distribution, assembly, and plastic injection molding operations to Tennessee. The project represents an investment of approximately $125 million and will create 750 new jobs.

Smith & Wesson will locate in Partnership Park North in Blount County, where the company plans to break ground before the end of the year.
Smith & Wesson joins more than 20 small arms and ammunition manufacturers located in Tennessee. Tennessee ranks No. 1 in the nation for employment in the small arms and ammunition sector, with employment increasing by 54% over the last five years.

Another arms mfr fleeing their historic "home" in the NE US.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Smith & Wesson to Relocate Headquarters to Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 08:58:20 pm »
Ammoland by Duncan Johnson 9/30/2021

Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ Global Select: SWBI), one of the nation’s oldest firearms manufacturers, announced today that it is moving its headquarters and significant elements of its operations to Maryville, Tennessee in 2023. Smith & Wesson has been based in Springfield, Massachusetts since the company was incorporated in 1852.

Mark Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer, said “This has been an extremely difficult and emotional decision for us, but after an exhaustive and thorough analysis, for the continued health and strength of our iconic company, we feel that we have been left with no other alternative.” He specifically cited legislation recently proposed in Massachusetts that, if enacted, would prohibit the company from manufacturing certain firearms in the state. “These bills would prevent Smith & Wesson from manufacturing firearms that are legal in almost every state in America and that are safely used by tens of millions of law-abiding citizens every day exercising their Constitutional 2nd Amendment rights, protecting themselves and their families, and enjoying the shooting sports. While we are hopeful that this arbitrary and damaging legislation will be defeated in this session, these products made up over 60% of our revenue last year, and the unfortunate likelihood that such restrictions would be raised again led to a review of the best path forward for Smith & Wesson.”

Smith indicated that the company vetted a number of cities and states and, after careful consideration, made the decision to relocate 750 jobs and its headquarters to Maryville, Tennessee. The key factors in the decision included the following:

•   Support for the 2nd Amendment

•   Business friendly environment

•   Quality of life for employees

•   Cost of living and affordability

•   Access to higher education institutions

•   Availability of qualified labor for its operations and headquarter functions

•   Favorable location for efficiency of distribution

More: https://www.ammoland.com/2021/09/smith-wesson-to-relocate-headquarters-to-tennessee/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
S&W workers who live in Massachusetts and Connecticut can't buy some of the products they make in the S&W factory in Springfield.

...Such as "M&P 15's", for example (S&W version of the AR15).
Or even the "M&P 15/22" (S&W .22LR rifle styled to the AR15).

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

In the same manner, why is Chevron still headquartered in California, a state which absolutely hates oil and gas?

Every other large oil company there has left for friendlier environs
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In the same manner, why is Chevron still headquartered in California, a state which absolutely hates oil and gas?

They must be staying for the huge Tax breaks the state has to offer oil & gas. /s
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Thank you, Libs, for putting more working Mass-holes out of work.

Libs, do you realize that criminals don't obey laws?

Smith & Wesson is a prime example how limousine liberal policies work against the interests of working Americans.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 04:04:32 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Very cool....

Outside the hassle of moving, those folks basically probably got a 20%+ raise just from the incremental lower cost of living.

25-30 years ago, I turned down a promotion 3 times for jobs that were pushed on me in the northeast U.S.  Even in 1990 my $120K house near Houston would have cost $900K up there.  I said no thanks.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

rangerrebew

Smith & Wesson Gun Maker Abandons Massachusetts for Freedom-Loving Tennessee
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2021, 06:23:20 pm »
Smith & Wesson Gun Maker Abandons Massachusetts for Freedom-Loving Tennessee

Iconic U.S. firearms maker Smith & Wesson has just ditched Massachusetts for freedom-loving Tennessee.

Published 3 hours ago

on October 1, 2021

By Warner Todd Huston

Iconic U.S. firearms maker Smith & Wesson has been headquartered in Massachusetts for 168 years, but that is no more as the company just ditched the deep blue state for freedom-loving Tennessee.

I a news release published on Thursday, the gun company announced that it has now finalized plans to move its manufacturing and corporate headquarters to Tennessee because of the state’s “unwavering support of the Second Amendment.”

S&W President and CEO Mark Smith said the decision was “an extremely difficult and emotional” one, but since Massachusetts passed a new law that would prevent it from manufacturing most of its products, the company was left with little choice.

https://flagandcross.com/smith-wesson-gun-maker-abandons-massachusetts-for-freedom-loving-tennessee/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They are NOT "abandoning Mass for freedom loving Tn".

They are still the same bunch of elitist weasels. What they are doing in moving to increase the bottom line due to cheaper labor and  lower taxes.

Watch them start contributing to leftists politicians running for office as soon as the move is made.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

I know a legislator in my state who has contacted several gun and ammo manufacturers about relocating here, where it's still relatively free. Soon, I hope!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Very cool....

Outside the hassle of moving, those folks basically probably got a 20%+ raise just from the incremental lower cost of living.

25-30 years ago, I turned down a promotion 3 times for jobs that were pushed on me in the northeast U.S.  Even in 1990 my $120K house near Houston would have cost $900K up there.  I said no thanks.
In contrast, I took up the offer to work both in New York and in California.  Both experiences were expensive living but worth it in the long run as I collected a nice profit on the houses and now I know now for certain to never return to either place to live.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 04:54:22 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington