Author Topic: Air Force Chief Anticipates ‘Something Special’ for B-21 Public Debut  (Read 188 times)

rangerrebew

Air Force Chief Anticipates ‘Something Special’ for B-21 Public Debut
The Raider is still on schedule to make its first test flight with the next year, Air Force chief says.

By Tara Copp
Senior Pentagon Reporter, Defense One
September 29, 2021 01:28 PM ET

The Air Force has five B-21 Raider stealth bombers in development, but they won’t all roll out at once, Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. C.Q. Brown told Defense One on Tuesday, during the annual State of Defense conference.

But there will be a special public splash when the service is ready to introduce its newest warplane, he said.

Last week, Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall revealed that the service has not two, but five of the prototype bombers in production. The first Raider is still on schedule to undergo its first test flight within the next year, Brown said.

He did not reveal how far along the other four aircraft are, or the rate at which they’ll all come on line.

“As you might imagine, they’re big airplanes,” Brown said. “It’ll be sequenced as the five come out.”

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2021/09/air-force-chief-anticipates-something-special-b-21-public-debut/185719/

Offline EdinVA

Re: Air Force Chief Anticipates ‘Something Special’ for B-21 Public Debut
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 12:05:25 pm »
Special?  Like maybe they work without 10 more years of debugging...

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 12:26:07 pm »
Before or after the Taliban gets one?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 08:30:30 pm »
Built by Lockheed Martin? Then maybe there won't be tools, garbage or plastic caps left behind in the plane by the workers.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2021, 08:38:40 pm »

The thing hasn't even had test flights.  Are we sure isn't just an Industrial Light and Magic Star Wars prop?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2021, 08:52:02 pm »
Great!!!  Can't wait to see them flying in my backyard.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2021, 09:35:36 pm »
Great!!!  Can't wait to see them flying in my backyard.
They are gearing up for the annual Pacific Air Show off Huntington Beach, CA so we are having lots of fly by's? of fighter jets practicing, I don't recall if they will have any of the current or older bombers in the show, not that the Los Alamitos field isn't big enough to handle anything we have.
Ok, probably no really big craft.
We're happy to announce that the U.S. Navy Blue Angels, the Canadian Forces Snowbirds, U.S. Army Golden Knights, U.S. Air Force ACC F-35 Demo Team and the U.S. Marine Corps V-22 Osprey Demo Team will be performing at the 2021 Huntington Beach AirshowTM.
I wont be seeing it, my grandson has ballgames both days and that's better than some screaming jets.