Author Topic: Three Democrats to share their abortion stories ahead of hearing  (Read 82 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Three Democrats to share their abortion stories ahead of hearing
« on: September 29, 2021, 11:14:58 pm »
Three Democrats to share their abortion stories ahead of hearing
By Joseph Choi - 09/29/21 06:44 PM EDT

Democratic Reps. Cori Bush (Mo.), Pramila Jayapal (Wash.) and Barbara Lee (Calif.) shared their personal stories of getting abortions in interviews airing on MSNBC's "The ReidOut" Wednesday evening, one day before a House Oversight Committee hearing on state anti-abortion laws.

Speaking with NBC News’ Ali Vitali, the three lawmakers all cited their upbringings as well as their desires for privacy for not previously disclosing their abortions in public, despite advocating for reproductive rights.

Bush said she became pregnant when she was raped at a church youth convention by a man "several years" older than her when she was 17.

"I just knew that I wasn't ready for a child," said Bush.

The Missouri congresswoman was directed by her friends to a center where birth control was given and was able to receive an abortion. According to Bush, she was able to get the abortion without having to "jump through a bunch of hoops," which she expressed gratitude for.

"I had so much going on that I didn't need all these other things in the way of me getting services," she said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/574588-democratic-representatives-share-their-abortion-stories-ahead-of-hearing
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: Three Democrats to share their abortion stories ahead of hearing
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 02:03:26 am »
Very few see how with the rise of the pro-abortion movement America began it's decline. We have abandoned the most innocent and helpless among us and sacrificed them on the altar of secularism. Now we have a country with no understanding of consequences for behavior. Our children refuse to grow up. We have a declining birth rate. We have discarded most cultural norms.

IOW, the LORD is speaking to us and we better start listening before we are judged an abomination to HIM.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 02:04:16 am by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home