Author Topic: 'Joe, do you distrust Americans so much that you need to know when they buy a couch?' GOP Senator Cy  (Read 176 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Joe, do you distrust Americans so much that you need to know when they buy a couch?' GOP Senator Cynthia Lummis hammers Biden's proposal for banks to report every transaction over $600 to the IRS

Lummis said people will 'find alternatives' to thwart the IRS' leering eye
    'I am astounded by what you're supporting and proposing. I think it's invasive. I think privacy for individuals is being ignored' Lummis said
    Yellen said requires banks to hand over the IRS data on aggregate inflows and outflows of an account for transactions over $600
    She noted that the tax gap is expected to swell to $7 trillion over the next decade
    The proposal, meant to help pay for the $3.5T budget reconciliation plan, is expected to generate $460 billion over the next decade
    It would require banks to report gross inflows and outflows to the IRS, including transactions from Venmo, PayPal, crypto exchanges

By Morgan Phillips, Politics Reporter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 10:31 EDT, 29 September 2021 | Updated: 15:05 EDT, 29 September 2021

Wyoming Republican Sen. Cynthia Lummis tore into Treasury Sec. Janet Yellen on Tuesday for her support of a Biden proposal to require banks to hand over transaction data over $600 on individual bank accounts.

'Banks do not work for the IRS,' Lummis said. 'This is invasive of privacy. Wyoming's people literally will find alternatives to traditional banks just to thwart IRS access to their personal information, not because they're trying to hide anything, but because they are not willing to share everything.'

The senator asked Yellen if she was 'aware how unnecessary this regulatory burden is?'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10041521/Cynthia-Lummis-launches-tears-Biden-proposal-report-transaction-600-IRS.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Call yourself Taliban, Joe greatly trusts them, not you evil whites/Americans.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline bilo

This is part of the reason people are moving away from fiat currencies and into cryptocurrency. People are getting fed up with govt sticking their nose in everything you do and then taxing it.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home