Author Topic: Mayorkas: Approximately 12,000 Haitian Migrants Released into U.S. — ‘Could Be Even Higher’  (Read 531 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mayorkas: Approximately 12,000 Haitian Migrants Released into U.S. — ‘Could Be Even Higher’

Pam Key 26 Sep 2021

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said on this week’s broadcast of “Fox News Sunday” that approximately 12,000 Haitian migrants had been released into the United States, and he added that the tally “could be even higher.”

Anchor Chris Wallace said, “I want to start with those 30,000 Haitian migrants who came across the border into Del Rio, Texas, since September 9th, as you say. You say that 12,400 will have their cases heard by an immigration judge, and another 5,000 are being processed by your department. Mr. Secretary, of those 17,400, how many have been released into the U.S. and how many more potentially could be released into the U.S.?”

Mayorkas said, “About 3,000 are actually in detention, and we make those detention determinations in the best interest of the American public. Others are in immigration court proceedings. They are monitored by us. We impose conditions upon them, so we keep in touch with them and ensure their appearance in court as the law requires.

Wallace said, “So are we talking about a total of 12,000, or could it be even higher?”

Mayorkas said, “It could be even higher if the number that are returned could be even higher. What we do is we follow the law as Congress has passed it.”

Wallace said, “Let’s talk about what it’s going to happen to those 12,000. Removal proceedings, including asylum cases, can take anywhere from six months to several years, and 44%, according to the Department of Justice, 44% of those who are released into custody, miss their court hearings. Just as a matter of reality, won’t many of those thousands of people end up settling here in the united states, some of them permanently?”

Mayorkas said, “We have enforcement guidelines in place that provide that individuals who are recent border crossers who do not show up for their hearings are enforcement priorities, and will be removed.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/09/26/mayorkas-approximately-12000-haitian-migrants-released-into-u-s-could-be-even-higher/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Mayorkas: Approximately 12,000 Haitian Migrants Released into U.S. — ‘Could Be Even Higher’

Pam Key 26 Sep 2021

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said on this week’s broadcast of “Fox News Sunday” that approximately 12,000 Haitian migrants had been released into the United States, and he added that the tally “could be even higher.”

Anchor Chris Wallace said, “I want to start with those 30,000 Haitian migrants who came across the border into Del Rio, Texas, since September 9th, as you say. You say that 12,400 will have their cases heard by an immigration judge, and another 5,000 are being processed by your department. Mr. Secretary, of those 17,400, how many have been released into the U.S. and how many more potentially could be released into the U.S.?”

Mayorkas said, “About 3,000 are actually in detention, and we make those detention determinations in the best interest of the American public. Others are in immigration court proceedings. They are monitored by us. We impose conditions upon them, so we keep in touch with them and ensure their appearance in court as the law requires.

Wallace said, “So are we talking about a total of 12,000, or could it be even higher?”

Mayorkas said, “It could be even higher if the number that are returned could be even higher. What we do is we follow the law as Congress has passed it.”

Wallace said, “Let’s talk about what it’s going to happen to those 12,000. Removal proceedings, including asylum cases, can take anywhere from six months to several years, and 44%, according to the Department of Justice, 44% of those who are released into custody, miss their court hearings. Just as a matter of reality, won’t many of those thousands of people end up settling here in the united states, some of them permanently?”

Mayorkas said, “We have enforcement guidelines in place that provide that individuals who are recent border crossers who do not show up for their hearings are enforcement priorities, and will be removed.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/09/26/mayorkas-approximately-12000-haitian-migrants-released-into-u-s-could-be-even-higher/
:nothappen:

Offline skeeter

Another totally illegal move by this administration - coming from a stable nation, Chile, six or seven nations away not one of these people qualifies for asylum.

But where oh where is the GOP.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Another totally illegal move by this administration - coming from a stable nation, Chile, six or seven nations away not one of these people qualifies for asylum.

But where oh where is the GOP.

In hiding..they are afraid of being called a racist..
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DHS secretary: We are working in a 'completely broken' immigration system
By Joseph Choi - 09/26/21 11:08 AM EDT

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas on Sunday said that the U.S. is capable of addressing the immigration crisis at the southern border, but acknowledged that "we are working in a completely broken system."

Appearing on NBC's "Meet the Press," Mayorkas pointed to the Biden administration's actions in Del Rio, Texas, where thousands of Haitian migrants had been camped out under a bridge.

"We have an incredible ability to deploy resources to meet the challenges that we face. And we actually have evidence that, quite powerfully, in Del Rio, Texas, in less than a week, we addressed a population of 15,000 there and now there are none," said Mayorkas.

Host Chuck Todd also asked if the U.S. has the ability to properly handle the crisis or if existing laws need to be changed, and Mayorkas appeared to agree with both options.

"Well, I think we meet the challenges, but we are working in a completely broken system. And as to that, there is unanimity in Washington and in the country. I've never heard anyone say that the laws in immigration are well structured."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/573980-dhs-secretary-we-are-working-in-a-completely-broken-system
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

Someone should say it - the system wasn't broken 10 months ago.

Online libertybele

All I can say is he's lied and lied.  He is a fkng SOB and a traitor!      9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
They're kicking us in the nuts, and laughing about it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Could be even higher"

Well, the math holds:  25,000 > 12,000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

Here we sit continuing to watch our country be invaded.  It absolutely sickens me. 

I hope that the people who laughed at me, got in my face, dented my car door, and other things now realize that I wasn't being racist when I fought years ago for anti-illegal immigration and that I wasn't making up conspiracy theories.

Things are way out of control and it's way too late to do anything about it.

Nothing has changed.  The problem has only escalated and we continue to lose our Republic.  8888crybaby

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Words fail me .....

https://mobile.twitter.com/TrumpJew2/status/1442117315559051265

I know what I'd like to post, but I'd likely find myself in trouble, one way or another.

Offline skeeter

Here we sit continuing to watch our country be invaded.  It absolutely sickens me. 

I hope that the people who laughed at me, got in my face, dented my car door, and other things now realize that I wasn't being racist when I fought years ago for anti-illegal immigration and that I wasn't making up conspiracy theories.

Things are way out of control and it's way too late to do anything about it.

Nothing has changed.  The problem has only escalated and we continue to lose our Republic.  8888crybaby
I was there too, @libertybele. Got called all kinds of names by my supposed allies because, like you and a few others, I saw the handwriting on the wall.

Where are these holier than thou types now? They sure aren’t talking about immigration anymore.

Online libertybele

I was there too, @libertybele. Got called all kinds of names by my supposed allies because, like you and a few others, I saw the handwriting on the wall.

Where are these holier than thou types now? They sure aren’t talking about immigration anymore.

It wasn't worth all the time and effort that's for sure .... it got us nowhere! That's what's so disheartening. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Let me get this straight...

They let more Haitians in, illegally...

Than they got Americans out

(of Afghanistan)

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Maybe this jackass should just shut-up until he's capable of grasping the depth and scope of the crisis .....

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1442596867888467970

Offline cato potatoe

Panama warns of even bigger Haitian migrant surge to come

https://news.yahoo.com/panama-warns-even-bigger-haitian-002619651.html

Why it matters: The worst may still be coming. Mouynes said there are as many as 60,000 migrants — mostly Haitian — poised to make their way north to the U.S.-Mexico border.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Mydorkass seems to think this is all one big game.

The border situation was stable under Trump. What has changed in 9 months that it can't be so again?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From the article:

Fishrrman prediction:
By this time next year, expect 100,000-125,000 to have trekked north an entered, if no one is willing to "do it what it takes" to stop them.

And by January 20, 2025 ...???