Author Topic: Mayorkas Tells Migrants How to Get Through Title 42 Border Barrier  (Read 133 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mayorkas Tells Migrants How to Get Through Title 42 Border Barrier
« on: September 26, 2021, 12:57:46 am »
Mayorkas Tells Migrants How to Get Through Title 42 Border Barrier

Neil Munro 25 Sep 2021

Alejandro Mayorkas, the nation’s border security chief, used his White House press conference on Friday to tell migrants how to get through the Title 42 coronavirus emergency rules.

Federal law allows border officers to exclude migrants because of the Title 42 emergency rules for the coronavirus epidemic.

Number one [exception] is if an individual has an acute vulnerability, such as an urgent medical care. And [number] two, if, in fact, our operational capacity is such that we are not able to execute the Title 42 authority … I should also say that there is a [third] Convention Against Torture exception if someone claims torture.

In case any cellphone-linked migrants do not hear the torture exception, Mayorkas repeated it:

If someone is not subject to Title 42 expulsion for the three reasons that I explained — acute vulnerability, operational capacity limitations, or a Convention Against Torture exception — then the individual is placed in immigration proceedings. That means they [can stay and work in the United States] until [they] go before an immigration judge in an immigration court.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/25/mayorkas-tells-migrants-how-to-get-through-title-42-border-barrier/

But Mayorkas spotlighted some of the Title 42 exceptions that he grants — including the little-known exception for people who claim to be afraid of torture in their home country.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Mayorkas Tells Migrants How to Get Through Title 42 Border Barrier
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 01:17:42 am »
Why not just roll out the red carpet and offer concierge services and a complimentary limo?  9999hair out0000
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis