Author Topic: Girl never strapped into seat before dying on amusement park ride: Report  (Read 287 times)

Online libertybele

Where were the parents??  A 6 year old shouldn't be on a ride by themselves or not with someone who can ensure that they are buckled in. I always went with my kids or grandkids.  I remember several times standing up and telling the amusement park worker that they seatbelt wasn't working or the kid(s) wasn't secured in the seat.  6 year olds should also be on rides that are age appropriate. The operators are not blameless, but parental responsibility also needs to take some blame.

Girl never strapped into seat before dying on amusement park ride

The 6-year-old girl who died on a ride at a Colorado amusement park earlier this month was never strapped into her seat -- and two operators failed to notice even after a monitor alerted them to a seatbelt safety issue -- before the ride plunged 110 feet, according to a state investigation.

Wongel Estifanos was visiting Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, located atop Iron Mountain in Glenwood Springs, with her family on Sept. 5 when she went on the Haunted Mine Drop ride, a free-fall drop down a pitch-black shaft.

After reviewing video surveillance and operating manuals, investigators with the Colorado Division of Oil and Public Safety determined that when Wongel got on the ride, she sat in a previously unoccupied seat on top of two already-locked seatbelts, and that "multiple operator errors" and "inadequate training" contributed to the fatal accident, according to a report released Friday.

ttps://abcnews.go.com/US/year-girl-strapped-seat-fatal-amusement-park-ride/story?id=80232200
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Girl never strapped into seat before dying on amusement park ride: Report
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 01:12:18 am »
I can't imagine letting a 6 y/o child on any ride by herself.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 01:18:44 am »

Exactly.  I rode with my grandkids, my back is paying for it now, but I had a blast!  You don't leave a 6 year old to fend for themselves! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 01:09:50 pm »

Neither can I.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 02:22:49 pm »
After reviewing video surveillance and operating manuals, investigators with the Colorado Division of Oil and Public Safety determined that when Wongel got on the ride, she sat in a previously unoccupied seat on top of two already-locked seatbelts, and that "multiple operator errors" and "inadequate training" contributed to the fatal accident, according to a report released Friday.

At MouseLand and MouseWorld, the ride operators' routine includes checking every rider's seatbelt. Every seatbelt, every "car". Why this routine wasn't taught in the same lesson along with prospective operators being shown the location of the "Start" button .......
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2021, 02:30:00 pm »
Did they not have any age or height restrictions for that ride? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2021, 03:36:16 pm »
Did they not have any age or height restrictions for that ride?

It's been 2 or 3 decades since I needed to notice, but the Mouse's height standard used to be 48" (= 4 feet). So height restrictions are probably industry standard ... but so also would checking every rider's seatbelt before pushing the Start button.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline verga

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2021, 06:58:18 pm »
There was a Amusement park in Canada called Crystal beach. They had a ride called the "Wild Mouse". Went on with my younger sister.
We had to wear the seatbelts, but my Father told me to hold on tight to her. I swear that if I had not she might have popped out even with the belts tight.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.