Author Topic: Costco Limits Purchases of Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, and Bottled Water amid Inflation, Supply-Chai  (Read 273 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Costco Limits Purchases of Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, and Bottled Water amid Inflation, Supply-Chain Issues

Nick Gilbertson 24 Sep 2021

Costco is implementing new consumer limitations on purchases of household essentials including toilet paper, paper towels, and Kirkland bottled water as the company has seen an increase in demand due to a surge in the delta variant and supply-chain complications.

Costco has been dealing with significant issues centered around supply-chain complications and inflation according to the company’s Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Richard A. Galanti. Galanti informed analysts of the issues during a conference call, transcribed by Alpha Street, regarding Costco’s fourth-quarter earnings on September 23:

From a supply chain perspective, the factors pressuring supply chains and inflation include port delays, container shortages, COVID disruptions, shortages on various components, raw materials and ingredients, labor cost pressures and trucker and driver shortages — trucks and driver shortages. Domestically, anecdotally rather from a — even on a domestic side, various major brands are requesting longer lead times. Some cases difficulty in finding drivers and trucks on short notice. Lead times on ingredients and packaging have been extended in some cases.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/09/24/costco-limits-purchases-toilet-paper-paper-towels-bottled-water-inflation-supply-chain-issues/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Nothing inspires a buying panic more than a large enterprise like Costco putting limits on purchases. I don't go to Costco but do patronize Sam's Club, and was planning to purchase both t.p. and paper towels next week. Wanna bet they'll be out?  :nono:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
If they limit bottled water, where could I possibly get any water?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline libertybele

...hmmm....  I was at the store(s) today; Target has plenty of tp, paper towels and water. Walmart also has plenty. 

I don't shop Costco or Sam's so I'm not sure what the situation is with those stores in this area.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

I was at Sam's yesterday. They had plenty of paper towels. None of their store-brand t.p. could be found, but a decent amount of the name brands.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

A friend of mine visited Costco a couple of days ago and reported there was no t.p.

Offline Kamaji

Not this sh*t again!