Author Topic: Heavy Breach Cell: The Secret Weapon of Delta Force  (Read 69 times)

rangerrebew

Heavy Breach Cell: The Secret Weapon of Delta Force
« on: September 25, 2021, 10:13:41 am »
 Heavy Breach Cell: The Secret Weapon of Delta Force
by George E. Hand IV

Editor’s Note: Geo’s memoir, “Brothers of the Cloth,” a true account of special mission unit soldiers, has sold out in hardcover and will soon be coming out in paperback! You can keep an eye out for it here.

I’m put squarely in mind of an amazing brother of mine who went by the call sign “Crapshoot.” It is the vision of him I see just past his breaching through an incredibly thick steel vault door with a Broco exothermic plasma torch.

Crapshoot half crawled and then was pulled out of the hole in the door like a rat. His face was black and he was coughing, having pulled his gas mask off at some point during his ordeal. He had crawled in there with a full leather welder’s apron on over his combat load. It hung down to his knees and was spattered with slag burns.

His hair and mustache were singed and he had smoke coming off him… somehow. He was helped up and sat down with his back up against the concrete bunker. One man was left to stay with him while he rested for a spell and traded the contents of his lungs for actual air. He cradled his rifle in the crooks of his elbows like a man whose hands were burned.

https://sofrep.com/news/heavy-breach-cell-the-secret-weapon-of-delta-force/