Author Topic: Gov. DeSantis announces state will purchase monoclonal antibody treatment doses directly  (Read 250 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Gov. DeSantis announces state will purchase monoclonal antibody treatment doses directly

https://www.fox13news.com/news/gov-desantis-to-hold-press-conference-at-department-of-health-in-tampa

TAMPA, Fla. - Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Thursday during a stop in Tampa that the state has begun purchasing doses of a monoclonal antibody treatment directly from the pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline, after the federal government last week took control of distribution of the COVID-19 treatments produced by other companies.

DeSantis said the first purchase was for 3,000 doses of the drug sotrovimab, which was given emergency-use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in May.

The governor said last week that he would pursue a direct-purchasing agreement with GlaxoSmithKline, as the state is unable to directly buy doses of Regeneron’s monoclonal antibody treatment. DeSantis in recent months has touted the Regeneron treatment as being effective for patients with COVID-19 symptoms and set up 25 sites to administer it.

It's kind of pathetically fortunate, but in the LIEden MalAdministration inept bumbling of the Regeneron-Lilly-GSK mab supply availability, a lucky aspect of their ineptitude was not buying up supplies of GSK's mab treatment.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
DeSantis Claus does it again.  I love this guy! 

Now we have to see how Biden responds to this latest wound to his demented over-sized ego!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
DeSantis Claus does it again.  I love this guy! 

Now we have to see how Biden responds to this latest wound to his demented over-sized ego!

Divying out life saving health care based on a state or a governor's ideology is just another reason why the nuts need to be cut off of the feral government.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.