Author Topic: Accept It: COVID Will Be an Endemic Virus  (Read 398 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Accept It: COVID Will Be an Endemic Virus
« on: September 23, 2021, 05:37:17 pm »
https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion/vinay-prasad/94646

Accept It: COVID Will Be an Endemic Virus
Everyone will meet with the virus eventually, but doing so safely (while vaccinated) is key

by Vinay Prasad, MD, MPH
September 22, 2021

Excerpts:
Each day we inch toward the end of COVID-19. The end is not when cases go to zero, but rather when we accept what has been true all along. Because of multiple animal reservoirs, because vaccinated people can still experience breakthrough infections, and because billions of people globally have yet to be vaccinated, the truth is clear: SARS-CoV-2 is an endemic virus.

Over the next decade, give or take a few years, every single person on earth has a date with this virus. We will all be exposed, and the virus might replicate in some of our respiratory mucosa. A few of us might get very sick, while many of us may only get mild illness or not get sick at all from our encounter. I prefer to meet the virus on the best terms: after two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (as I have gotten).

When we truly come to accept that avoiding the virus for decades is impossible, many things change. Our policy goals change, and the restrictions we place on society change.

If you are an adult and have neither been vaccinated nor have natural immunity, you should seek out vaccination. If you are in a location with limited vaccine availability -- and you are older or vulnerable -- you might want to shield yourself, as best you can, while you wait for a vaccine. Kids who aren't yet eligible for vaccines -- and people in close contact with young kids or other unvaccinated people -- may also choose to take precautions.

If instead you are among the majority of U.S. adults who have been vaccinated or have natural immunity to the virus, your choice is clear: you can continue to follow strict personal precautions (avoid weddings, skip parties, etc.) and delay your encounter with the virus, or you can loosen up those precautions and speed up the time to encountering it. What you can't do is avoid it forever.
Acceptance is coming -- that's the true end of the pandemic. COVID-19 won't vanish as some may have believed early on. Instead, some pockets of the U.S. will continue to have caseload increases, some hospitals may get overloaded and local measures may be necessary, but the virus is not going away and the burden is on us to come to terms with that. Each of us has to decide how much life we are willing to trade to delay our time to meet the virus.

More at URL above...

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Accept It: COVID Will Be an Endemic Virus
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 05:57:08 pm »
IMO, anyone who actually believes the SARS-CoV-2 virus will go away should not be sold the toll concession for the Brooklyn Bridge .......... because they're too damn dumb to operate an imaginary toll concession.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 06:01:04 pm »
IMO, anyone who actually believes the SARS-CoV-2 virus will go away should not be sold the toll concession for the Brooklyn Bridge .......... because they're too damn dumb to operate an imaginary toll concession.

:thumbsup:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 06:36:38 pm »
It is the nature of a virus, in its successive generations, to become more virulent, and less lethal.

This virus is no different. It's Corona. It is already endemic.

And the assumption of the OP is that the so-called 'vaccine' is the only thing, or at least, best thing that imparts safety in an encounter with the virus. That is not true.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 07:05:15 pm »
It will go away when people choose to stop being afraid.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Absalom

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 07:52:27 pm »
Hmm..........as time passes, it's apparent this Virus is Mother Nature's way of getting attention. So be it.
And akin to everything in Nature, Covid also is mortal.
The usual experts scream, NOOOOOOOOOOOO! yet they don't know their ass from their elbow!
Anyone recall a recent outbreak of the Black Death or Spanish Influenza???????????????????

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 08:14:19 pm »
Hmm..........as time passes, it's apparent this Virus is Mother Nature's way of getting attention. So be it.
The usual experts scream, NOOOOOOOOOOOO! yet they don't know their ass from their elbow!
Anyone recall a recent outbreak of the Black Death or Spanish Influenza???????????????????

Well, since the Chinese amped up its infectiousness through their Fauci-inspired gain of function experimentation, I'm not sure it can be wholly laid at the feet of nature.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 08:25:11 pm »

Well, since the Chinese amped up its infectiousness through their Fauci-inspired gain of function experimentation, I'm not sure it can be wholly laid at the feet of nature.
Exactly. It will become a childhood disease, and natural immunity has been shown to be broader based and more effective against the current variants than "vaccines" that target specific proteins. The current emphasis should be on treatment, and advances in (and current treatments) could open the way for even broader based antiviral regimens.

Currently, however, the focus is so narrowly on the jabs (and doubtless, making money), that treatments are being practically outlawed, as much as possible, and alternatives are increasingly on backorder. So how about we vaccinate against that by making it illegal for Pharma to donate to any political campaigns or PACs? At least slow down the kickback scheme, although stock portfolios will still benefit from political actions and, IIRC, insider trading is still okay for Congress.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 08:26:15 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 09:37:14 pm »
Moderna chief executive sees pandemic over in a year - newspaper
Thu, September 23, 2021, 1:51 AM

ZURICH (Reuters) - Moderna Inc Chief Executive Stéphane Bancel thinks the coronavirus pandemic could be over in a year as increased vaccine production ensures global supplies, he told the Swiss newspaper Neue Zuercher Zeitung.

"If you look at the industry-wide expansion of production capacities over the past six months, enough doses should be available by the middle of next year so that everyone on this earth can be vaccinated. Boosters should also be possible to the extent required," he told the newspaper in an interview.

Vaccinations would soon be available even for infants, he said.

"Those who do not get vaccinated will immunize themselves naturally, because the Delta variant is so contagious. In this way we will end up in a situation similar to that of the flu. You can either get vaccinated and have a good winter. Or you don't do it and risk getting sick and possibly even ending up in hospital."

Asked if that meant a return to normal in the second half of next year, he said: "As of today, in a year, I assume."  ...
Reuters via Yahoo News
 *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 09:40:17 pm »
We have outbreaks of influenza every few years. Vaccines didn't stop them, nor has natural selection—though it may have made it less dangerous.

And even antibiotics haven't fully eradicated the black death bacterium.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 10:26:13 pm »
Reuters via Yahoo News
 *****rollingeyes*****
Yeah, just one more set of elections in the US...

While the NWO (or whatever you want to call it) consolidates power and boots naysayers to the curb.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Absalom

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2021, 12:14:26 am »
We have outbreaks of influenza every few years. Vaccines didn't stop them, nor has natural selection—though it may have made it less dangerous.
And even antibiotics haven't fully eradicated the black death bacterium.
-----------------------------
Don't deny we have continuing outbreaks of disease around the world and always will.
My unsaid point was that Covid is essentially a media circus managed by clowns.
Disease, part of Nature, is cyclical as the Black Death killed some 200 million and
Spanish Influenzas some 50 million yet neither repeated their performance since.
When we get a handle on Covid-19 it won't either.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2021, 01:18:01 am »
-----------------------------
Don't deny we have continuing outbreaks of disease around the world and always will.
My unsaid point was that Covid is essentially a media circus managed by clowns.
Disease, part of Nature, is cyclical as the Black Death killed some 200 million and
Spanish Influenzas some 50 million yet neither repeated their performance since.
When we get a handle on Covid-19 it won't either.
The first waves will take out the most vulnerable.
That's a cold fact of any outbreak.
They will also get those who have the misfortune to get the wrong treatment or no treatment if any is available which can benefit them. For the medical profession, that is a time to see what, if anything, works, not to be dogmatic (as ours has been).
Those who survive the disease gain a prize: natural immunity or at least some resistance to it, as a rule.

The remaining population is either isolated enough to not be exposed to the virus, has some inherent genetic resistance to it, or develops antibodies to fight it,  be those "natural" from having had the disease (or a variant, which research indicates to be broad based and robust), or from the introduction of a substance to cause the body to make antibodies against the disease ("vaccination").

Despite the hype, this disease has a very high survival rate among healthy and young people with no other complications, far beyond the "Spanish Flu" or the Bubonic and Pneumonic Plagues that made up the "Black Death". Over time, as one thing fails to kill us off, or another, we have found ways to either treat the diseases, or through vaccines or isolation, prevent their spread until the people carrying a viral load have died out or fully recovered.

In this case, isolation was not going to work, simply because by the time the disease was announced, it was endemic, globally, something we can thank the Chinese (CCP) for, and any who were aware of the outbreak at the CDC, NIAID, and especially the WHO. Some politicians get a hat tip there, too, having insisted there was no risk.

The current jabs don't quite fit the bill previous vaccines have, in that they do not prevent people from catching the disease and developing a viral load similar to a full blown infection, they just alleviate the symptoms for the infected. This is like taking enough cold remedy to feel better and then going to work and sharing the bug with your co-workers, only on a much larger scale.

As for the Flu Shot, keep in mind that the influenza jab is a spin of the wheel to bet the hemagglutinin (H) and the neuraminidase (N) antigens will be the right ones for this year's common and nastiest variants.
Considering there are 16 different hemagglutinin and 9 different neuraminidase proteins, there are a considerable number of possible combinations, and the hopes are that at least one of the proteins (H or N) will be correct for this year's round.

YMMV, but, I have never had a flu shot, and thankfully, never had the flu.  I have had bacterial pneumonia (bilateral), and that was the only time I have been in a hospital overnight in my lifetime. I'm no fan of drowning in my own secretions, and I don't take the possibilities of this disease as lightly as some might think, but I do believe it is fully treatable if the dogs in the Medical manger would ever get out of the way of that. At least my experience with the "horse wormer" and zinc was a positive one, without ill effects.

The ticket to defeating this bug is to let the kids get it (very rarely fatal in the 0-9 age group), treat the adults who do, and in a generation, it will be gone, just another childhood fever.

C S Lewis