Author Topic: Manchin: Biden told moderates to pitch price tag for reconciliation bill  (Read 93 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin: Biden told moderates to pitch price tag for reconciliation bill
By Jordain Carney - 09/22/21 08:10 PM EDT

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said President Biden urged a group of moderate lawmakers to come up with a top-line number they could support for Democrats' sweeping reconciliation bill.

Manchin, a key vote in the Senate, was part of a group of House and Senate moderates who met with Biden on Wednesday afternoon as Democrats try to figure out a way to bridge their divides on the $3.5 trillion package.

“He just basically said find a number you’re comfortable with,” Manchin said, adding that Biden’s message was to “please just work on it. Give me a number.”

Manchin told reporters that he didn’t give Biden a number he could get behind and that Biden didn’t give him a hard deadline for when moderates needed to turn over that number.

“The quicker the better, but I’m not sure if they’re going to get there,” Manchin told reporters, adding that they could get a reconciliation bill “eventually.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/573534-manchin-biden-told-moderates-to-pitch-price-tag-for-reconciliation-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Manchin: Biden told moderates to pitch price tag for reconciliation bill
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 02:42:47 pm »
Sloe Joe:  "Lie like a rug and I'll back you up!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 02:49:57 pm »
We have determined joe, like his vp, is a whore.  Now, all to do is negotiate the price.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 03:59:38 pm »
The gist of it is, Manchin will ultimately vote for this monstrosity, and all the posturing over his reticence is just that, empty posturing.