Author Topic: Schiff: Criminal contempt charges possible for noncooperation in Jan. 6 probe  (Read 80 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schiff: Criminal contempt charges possible for noncooperation in Jan. 6 probe
By Mike Lillis - 09/23/21 11:02 AM EDT

The head of the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday warned that those who refuse to cooperate in Congress's investigation into the Capitol attack of Jan. 6 could face charges of criminal contempt.

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), who's also a member of the select committee investigating the insurrection, said that while investigators don't expect a "blank check" from the Biden administration's Justice Department, agency officials have shown signs that they'll be much more cooperative in pursuing congressional probes than they were under the Trump administration.

"So far what we've seen from the Biden administration has been very encouraging," Schiff said during a press breakfast in Washington sponsored by the Christian Science Monitor.

With that in mind, Schiff suggested that those who defy the panel's subpoenas might face charges of contempt.

"Certainly there will be some who will not be cooperating with us, and I'm not referring to the current administration, but members of the past administration. We have to anticipate that," he said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/573597-schiff-criminal-contempt-charges-possible-for-noncooperation-in-jan-6-probe
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Another little nazi.

Online Hoodat

Speaking of non-cooperation, did Schiff ever testify about his trip to Ukraine and his attempts at obstructing justice by suborning perjury from potential witnesses?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.