Author Topic: After SecDef Skips Hearing on Afghanistan Withdrawal, Senator Threatens Subpoena  (Read 122 times)

rangerrebew

After SecDef Skips Hearing on Afghanistan Withdrawal, Senator Threatens Subpoena
Mil & Intel   

By Hannah Ray Lambert | September 15, 2021

The head of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations threatened to subpoena Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin to testify about the US withdrawal from Afghanistan after Austin declined to appear Tuesday, Sept. 14, at a hearing on the matter.

Committee Chairman Sen. Bob Menendez, a Democrat from New Jersey, said he was disappointed Austin declined to show up at the hearing.

“A full accounting of the US response to this crisis is not complete without the Pentagon, especially when it comes to understanding the complete collapse of the US-trained and funded Afghan military,” Menendez said. “I expect the secretary will avail himself to the committee in the near future, and if he does not, I may consider the use of committee subpoena power to compel him and others [involved in Afghanistan] over the course of these last 20 years to testify.”

https://coffeeordie.com/austin-afghanistan-hearing/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Cheep Talk.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: