Author Topic: After Being Censured, State Rep. Chris Paddie Announces He Won’t Run for Re-election  (Read 265 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
After Being Censured, State Rep. Chris Paddie Announces He Won’t Run for Re-election

The move comes in the wake of evidence of growing dissatisfaction amongst his constituents.

Just one week after being censured by his home county GOP, State Rep. Chris Paddie (R–Marshall) announced on Wednesday he would not seek re-election to the Texas House.

Paddie, who has served in the House since 2013 and currently chairs the powerful House State Affairs Committee, said he “decided that the timing is right to spend more time with my family and allow my East Texas colleagues to spend time fighting for our values instead of having to make some of the tough choices required in the redistricting process.”...

(Translation: I would get my @$$ handed to me if I ran again so I won't!)

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
ONE more Dimocrat with an R behind his name weeded out of the Texas House!  Goodby you POS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien