Author Topic: The U.S. Air Force’s Next Tanker Must Be Small, Stealthy And Robotic  (Read 162 times)

rangerrebew

Editors' Pick|Sep 16, 2021,08:00am EDT
The U.S. Air Force’s Next Tanker Must Be Small, Stealthy And Robotic
David Axe

The U.S. Air Force has a tanker problem. Just one thing can solve it.

A drone. A small, stealthy drone.

It’s increasingly clear service leaders understand this. But they’re in no rush to do anything about it.

The problem is obvious. In the Asia-Pacific region, the U.S. military flies most of its warplanes from just a handful of big bases. And those bases—namely, Kadena in Okinawa and Andersen in Guam—are many hundreds, or even thousands, of miles from likely combat zones over the China and Philippine seas.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2021/09/16/the-us-air-forces-next-tanker-must-be-small-stealthy-and-robotic/?sh=13f70b1cd4e4

rangerrebew

Re: The U.S. Air Force’s Next Tanker Must Be Small, Stealthy And Robotic
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 11:28:06 am »
Just like all those KC-46 tankers that have never worked? :whistle:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 11:56:07 am »
I vaguely remember there being US Military based in a place called Korea and Japan also.... /s
This sounds like another DOD money pit....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 04:45:10 pm »
Reading the headline made my head hurt. Do ANY of these people understand refueling requires you to have fuel?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 05:06:18 pm »
Reading the headline made my head hurt. Do ANY of these people understand refueling requires you to have fuel?
@sneakypete
Catch up pete.... it is identity fuel, all they have to do is identify as lots a fuel.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 07:13:26 pm »
@sneakypete
Catch up pete.... it is identity fuel, all they have to do is identify as lots a fuel.

@EdinVA

Phew! That's a load off my mind! I was worried there for a few mintues this was just some USAF General getting ready to retire had earned himself a corporate board seat by coming up with this brain fart,and signing the contract.

But we all know that something like that would never happen,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 07:19:03 pm »
"Tanker" and "Small" are kind of mutually exclusive. IIRC, the USN has a drone tanker in or just about to come into service, but I doubt that it's small.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

rangerrebew

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2021, 01:08:09 pm »
The idea is to limit the fuel of other aircraft so that some white conservative with white rage can't go rogue and fly to Bejing from Mejifornia with just one extra load of fuel and nuke it.  I guess, though, they'll have to have swarms of them flying around to keep squadrons and B-52s airborne.  Especially B-52s.  How many will it take to feed one?  The "tankers" will have to line up to refuel one. eeefly
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 01:09:03 pm by rangerrebew »