Author Topic: Milley's China scandal indicative of civilian oversight of the military becoming 'abuse': Col. Macg  (Read 73 times)

rangerrebew

White House
Published 12 hours ago
Milley's China scandal indicative of civilian oversight of the military becoming 'abuse': Col. Macgregor
The military has become somewhat politicized from the top over the years, colonel claims.
By Charles Creitz | Fox News

Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley's allegedly rogue phone call with his People's Liberation Army counterpart is not surprising given the continued politicization of the military by the civilians charged to oversee it, according to retired U.S. Army Col. Douglas Macgregor.

Macgregor told Fox Nation's "Tucker Carlson Today" that while civilian control of the United States military is sound policy and tradition, over time those civilians in charge of the military have increasingly sought out commanders and officers whose politics align with their own.

Host Tucker Carlson alleged Milley's phone call with Gen. Li Zuocheng is "clearly a crime" but more so "suggests a total lack of civilian leadership of the military in a culture that most of us didn't understand exists."

Macgregor replied that he wasn't surprised by the revelation – made by Washington Post journalists Robert Costa and Robert Woodward in their new book.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/milleys-china-scandal-indicative-of-civilian-oversight-of-the-military-becoming-abuse-col-macgregor

rangerrebew

I may be splitting hairs, but I don't think "civilian" oversight is quite the right term.  I can't think of any time I've been asked to provide insight on anything in the military.  The correct term should be CONGRESSIONAL oversight which is akin to saying no oversight. :nono:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 10:53:37 am by rangerrebew »