Author Topic: Fiorina: GOP Needs to ‘Dump Trump’ — ‘I Personally Am Horrified by What the Term Conservative Has Co  (Read 696 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fiorina: GOP Needs to ‘Dump Trump’ — ‘I Personally Am Horrified by What the Term Conservative Has Come to Mean’

Pam Key 20 Sep 2021

Former CEO of Hewlett-Packard and 2016 Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina on Monday’s episode of ABC’s “The View” called on the Republican Party to “dump” former President Donald Trump.

Co-host Whoopi Goldberg said, “So Saturday’s so-called Justice for J6 rally had more police and press than protesters. And it is a reminder of the identity crisis, I think, that the GOP may be having now. Officials like Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger want to move the party away from you know who, and others are still sticking with him. Some say they’re not going to run for re-election because the party has become too toxic. So, Carly, you ran as a Republican in 2016. Do you even recognize the party now?”

Fiorina said, “It’s very sad, honestly. Way back in 2015, I was saying that Trump lacked both character and competence. Sadly I was right. But I think what we didn’t understand then was how dangerous this combination would become. The party has changed so much. And, yes, the people who speak up and there are too few of us, the people who speak up get pilloried and criticized, or they retire. Just as a reminder, in 2006, a Republican president signed into law an extension of the voting rights bill from 1965, and the vote in the senate was 97-0. This party has changed a lot. And unless it dumps Trump, this party is not a party that I can feel proud of.”

She added, “I personally am horrified by what the term conservative has come to mean. It is not conservative for a governor to prevent a private company from mandating vaccines. That’s not conservative. It is not conservative to say a school district can’t mandate a vaccine. There is nothing conservative did that. I think people need to speak up.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/09/20/fiorina-gop-needs-to-dump-trump-i-personally-am-horrified-by-what-the-term-conservative-has-come-to-mean/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Buy-bye Carly.

Seems to me the test is:  when the rubber meets the road, who managed to stay on track, and who flubbed it?  As I recall, you didn't even get the rubber to the road, so I can't think of this as anything other than sour grapes.

Offline kevindavis007

She is right... Trumpism has been a failure.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online libertybele

Buy-bye Carly.

Seems to me the test is:  when the rubber meets the road, who managed to stay on track, and who flubbed it?  As I recall, you didn't even get the rubber to the road, so I can't think of this as anything other than sour grapes.

I was surprised that Cruz picked her as his VP.  That was a colossal mistake and failure on his part.

As for Carly, her political career has been over for quite awhile and yes, I agree, this is more sour grapes than anything.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
OK? Some dumb chick doesn't like Trump.
Why is this news? Let her sign up with Taliban Joe, and all his Chinese friends.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

OK? Some dumb chick doesn't like Trump.
Why is this news. Let her sign up with Taliban Joe, and all his Chinese friends.

Truth be known, she probably already has.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Sure glad to read that @kevindavis being on the opposite side of anything gives me great confidence that my side is right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
"Fiorina said, “It’s very sad, honestly. Way back in 2015, I was saying that Trump lacked both character and competence. Sadly I was right. But I think what we didn’t understand then was how dangerous this combination would become."
=============================================================================

Vs. the danger and damage that is happening right now?  Is this woman on crack?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

"Fiorina said, “It’s very sad, honestly. Way back in 2015, I was saying that Trump lacked both character and competence. Sadly I was right. But I think what we didn’t understand then was how dangerous this combination would become."
=============================================================================

Vs. the danger and damage that is happening right now?  Is this woman on crack?

Apparently so.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Truth be known, she probably already has.

I am all for jettisoning the likes of her Bush, Cheney, Romney, and Kitzinger.  The Biden enabling traitorous 3% needs to shut up or get out of the way. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Like she was right on Lucent and HP. And her own political career.

Hey, you really do like winners!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 07:56:07 pm by skeeter »

Online mountaineer

I personally am horrified that anyone ever considered Carly Fiorina conservative.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I personally am horrified that anyone ever considered Carly Fiorina conservative.

Cruz strangely preannounced her as his choice for VPOTUS in '16. But overall I agree, she is no conservative.

Online mountaineer

Cruz strangely preannounced her as his choice for VPOTUS in '16. But overall I agree, she is no conservative.
I think she went through a short phase of saying the sort of things actual conservatives would say. He must have given her the benefit of the doubt.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

Go ruin another company, Carly.

Offline dfwgator

As opposed to Bushism or whatever the hell the GOP was doing before Trump came along?

Online rustynail

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

She didn't criticize Trumpism, she criticized Trump.

Trump failed.  Trumpism as policy - an appeal to the working class, unapologetic support for America, avoiding additional foreign military incursions, insisting that other western nations pay their own fair share of global defense costs - did not.
James 1:20

Offline AARguy

So let's recap:

Trump lowered my taxes (I was able to buy a jacuzzi!)
Biden left Americans abandoned in Afghanistan
Trump actually got SIGNED peace accords in the Middle East.
Biden makes COVID restriction mandatory for Americans but not for illegal immigrants.
Trump gave the military its first real pay raise in years.
Biden seeks to restrict the second Amendment.
Trump clobbered ISIS (captured their largest city - Mosul.. and capital - Raqqa)
Biden armed the terrorist Taliban.
Trump allowed terminal patients to use drugs not fully tested that might offer hope.
Biden killed pipeline jobs and US energy independence.
Trump got us back in space on US-made rockets.
Biden got 13 US Soldiers killed at the Kabul airport.
Trump made us energy-independent.
Biden opened our border... WIDE OPEN
Trump supported the 2d amendment
Biden indoctrinates our kids with racist "Critical Race theory"

gees... the list is endless

Offline Killer Clouds

So let's recap:

Biden makes COVID restriction mandatory for Americans but not for illegal immigrants.
Trump clobbered ISIS (captured their largest city - Mosul.. and capital - Raqqa)
Trump allowed terminal patients to use drugs not fully tested that might offer hope.

Well made points.
Biden has done more damage in 8 months than his teacher Obummer did in 8 years and it's not over yet.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 10:21:16 pm by Killer Clouds »

Offline skeeter

So let's recap:

sure but I didnt like the way he bragged /s

Offline dfwgator

She didn't criticize Trumpism, she criticized Trump.

Trump failed.  Trumpism as policy - an appeal to the working class, unapologetic support for America, avoiding additional foreign military incursions, insisting that other western nations pay their own fair share of global defense costs - did not.

And as I say, ok, so what's so great about all of these other politicians not named "Trump"?  Find me one, who doesn't have those kinds of flaws,  it's just that the media was anxious to jump on every little thing Trump said. 

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
And as I say, ok, so what's so great about all of these other politicians not named "Trump"?  Find me one, who doesn't have those kinds of flaws,  it's just that the media was anxious to jump on every little thing Trump said.

The media definitely maintained a more aggressive, more unrelenting campaign against Trump than against other politicians.  But they do that to all R politicians sooner or later.

Trump's flaws - damaging every other R candidate to the point that the party was weakened, failing to influence Congress when the R had both majorities, revolving door personnel policies, hiring "only the best people" and then getting crossed with them and publicly slamming them, daily stupidity in social media, galactic narcissism - are not generally shared by all the other politicians, certainly not to the degree Trump has those flaws.  And to Trump's credit, neither do those other politicians share the connection he established with so many voters.  But he still personally failed, if for no other reason than because he should have recognized how the media would distort everything he said and did.  After all, he was supposed to be the master of nine dimensional, flying, invisible stealth jedi chess, but every day he gave his enemies more and more sticks to beat him with.  That the beatings were lies doesn't excuse him for giving out the sticks.
James 1:20

Online libertybele

I think she went through a short phase of saying the sort of things actual conservatives would say. He must have given her the benefit of the doubt.

I don't know what the heck he was thinking, and I was very surprised that he picked her., I think it was a desperate maneuver on his part at the last minute, but he did himself no favors.  This for me gave him a black mark in my book. There were conservative women he could have reached out to, but perhaps he felt she had instant name recognition?

Offline skeeter

The media definitely maintained a more aggressive, more unrelenting campaign against Trump than against other politicians.  But they do that to all R politicians sooner or later.

Trump's flaws - damaging every other R candidate to the point that the party was weakened, failing to influence Congress when the R had both majorities, revolving door personnel policies, hiring "only the best people" and then getting crossed with them and publicly slamming them, daily stupidity in social media, galactic narcissism - are not generally shared by all the other politicians, certainly not to the degree Trump has those flaws.  And to Trump's credit, neither do those other politicians share the connection he established with so many voters.  But he still personally failed, if for no other reason than because he should have recognized how the media would distort everything he said and did.  After all, he was supposed to be the master of nine dimensional, flying, invisible stealth jedi chess, but every day he gave his enemies more and more sticks to beat him with.  That the beatings were lies doesn't excuse him for giving out the sticks.
Any candidate who has the agenda Trump sought to promote would receive the same treatment, and from both parties. The interests stacked against it are far too powerful. The form the opposition took might differ superficially, but it would be just as fierce and just as effective.

I wish it were a personality thing unique to Trump. We would still have hope that a more sophisticated candidate would carry the torch forward. I'm certain such a candidate does not exist, and I think you know that, too.