Author Topic: Dow futures skid nearly 2% Monday as fear of market contagion from China’s Evergrande intensifies  (Read 466 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dow-futures-drop-300-points-as-china-property-fears-grow-11632121264?mod=mw_latestnews

<snipit>
U.S. stock futures fell sharply on Monday, with those for the Dow Jones Industrial Average tumbling 500 points, as Hong Kong-listed property companies came under fresh pressure.

Investors also were positioning ahead of this week’s Federal Open Market Committee meeting.

======================================================================

DJIA futures are down almost 2% this morning, indicating a likely 700 point drop at opening.  This after two consecutive weeks of markets falling.

The Evergrande bond supposedly has sank to 29 cents on the dollar.  These are the tales that trigger hyperinflation quickly

Adding this news item, crytpocurrency markets are in turmoil. I have said a 100 times that a 33K DOW is unrealistic and unsustainable Final trigger for a Big Bear Market?  We'll see.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 01:40:15 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
11AM EDT Market time....

NASDAQ down 2.5%

U.S. Paper tanking too....

10 Year Bond rates down 3.7%
30 Year Bond rates down 2.5%

Tulips, uhh I mean Bitcoin down 8.3%
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

DJIA now down 800 points.  (Now 850, 5 min. later)

Reading reports that the Chicoms are not thrilled at all at the $3.5T Biden Porkulus package. As I mentioned earlier, US paper is tanking, and the Chicoms are in the bullpen getting ready to play a game of Bond Debt Chicken.

Someone needs to tell Biden, that this is not a game a chicken we can win. (1) If the Chinese pull the trigger, watch significant devaluation of our currency against others. (2) That in turn will likely create an consortium of China, Russia, OPEC nations to decouple from the dollar as reference currency.  Everyone else will soon follow suit, as the $ collapses.

Could possilbly the SHTF situation that will throw us into 3rd World status. This might not be the triggering event.  But this will happen at some point
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 06:16:26 pm by catfish1957 »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I said it a few times last month the market was ready for a significant retraction. It was way to frothy and starting to go parabolic.

The Hong Kong properties market turmoil is the first I've really heard of that, and it's adding to it, but still I think it's a smokescreen.

The markets are really worried about earnings next month, which may not be all that hot.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

I said it a few times last month the market was ready for a significant retraction. It was way to frothy and starting to go parabolic.

The Hong Kong properties market turmoil is the first I've really heard of that, and it's adding to it, but still I think it's a smokescreen.

The markets are really worried about earnings next month, which may not be all that hot.

Not including the fact that the aveage investor does not understand that inflation enters the equation at the equity price level. A $100/sh stock a year ago at static, maybe be really worth $92/sh in real time dollars.

Offline libertybele

I heard this morning on Beck that Morgan Stanley is predicting a 15% drop.  I'm predicting near 45-50%.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Market down 940. I think this is a quick correction and we'll see a slight rally tomorrow.

Get ready for October, which is usually the worst month for stocks.  I don't think things are looking good for the remainder of the year.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

obile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1439929387692998665

Shades of 2008. Ladies and Gentlmen...  we have put the seat belt signs on.

Online catfish1957

Market down 940. I think this is a quick correction and we'll see a slight rally tomorrow.

Get ready for October, which is usually the worst month for stocks.  I don't think things are looking good for the remainder of the year.

Fully agree.  Have said for some time that the markets should be worth about half of present market value.  Unsustainable P/E ratios, and speculative plays that are making 2000 look like child's play.

Offline Kamaji

Another Black Tuesday in the offing?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
Not including the fact that the aveage investor does not understand that inflation enters the equation at the equity price level. A $100/sh stock a year ago at static, maybe be really worth $92/sh in real time dollars.

Inflation is certainly a part of it, as is the Fed supposedly curtailing market stimulus.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

Shades of 2008. Ladies and Gentlmen...  we have put the seat belt signs on.

Dow is around 33,700, I think we'll eventually see the Dow around 15,000 - 16,000.

There's no positive news out there; inflation (which some say is being created by our own gov't), COVID, people refusing to work, civil unrest still in major cities, chaos at our border, Afghan refugees, and Uncle Sam is just starting to trample on our rights.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical

I can see it getting close to previous highs before it drops again.

We could be at a major top and this thing is going to play out over months.
The Republic is lost.

Offline andy58-in-nh

What is really roiling the markets is the fear the the Fed is going to taper its asset purchases. They will make that announcement likely tomorrow, maybe Wednesday. I doubt they will do anything of the sort, because this entire house of cards is built on government stimulus. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online catfish1957

I can see it getting close to previous highs before it drops again.

We could be at a major top and this thing is going to play out over months.

Yeah, there will be plenty of dead cats lurking by for awhile until the big event.  My money is on he the reference currency decoupling announcemnt.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 07:36:41 pm by catfish1957 »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
One thing I see is that the VIX isn't going wild, so the market doesn't seem that scared at this point....for now.
The Republic is lost.

Offline andy58-in-nh

One thing I see is that the VIX isn't going wild, so the market doesn't seem that scared at this point....for now.

Yep. The market came back a bit at the EOD. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online catfish1957

Now this is scary and/or very strange.  I made a claim on Home No. 3 a little while back with my ancestral home which incurred substantial damage from Hurricane Laura. 

This morning I deposited the check for damages, and the teller told me that they would need to do a 7 day "hold" due to reoccuring NSF issues paid by Insurance Companies.  I laughed, but found out she was serious.   

Folks, I am talking about a very large insurance company.  And the lady said this is becoming common place. 

Online catfish1957

I posted this yesterday, and wanted to wonder if anyone else is seeing anything like this.  When top tier Insurance Companies are bouncing checks, something is awry.
==================================================================================

Now this is scary and/or very strange.  I made a claim on Home No. 3 a little while back with my ancestral abode which incurred substantial damage from Hurricane Laura. 

This morning I deposited the initial check for damages, and the teller told me that they would need to do a 7 day "hold" due to reoccuring NSF issues paid by Insurance Companies.  I laughed, but found out she was serious.   

Folks, I am talking about a very large insurance company.  And the lady said this is becoming common place.