Author Topic: In Tense Hearing, Kyle Rittenhouse Defense Convinces Judge to Throw Out Significant Portions of the  (Read 229 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Law & Crime by Colin Kalmbacher Sep 17th, 2021

In Tense Hearing, Kyle Rittenhouse Defense Convinces Judge to Throw Out Significant Portions of the Goverment’s Case

It was an all-but ugly day in court for the prosecutors hoping to put Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse behind bars on six counts, including murder. During a lengthy evidentiary hearing, the defense scored victory after victory while the government was increasingly frustrated at the judge’s rulings in favor of the defendant.

Assistant District Attorney Thomas C. Binger argued that the defendant is a “teenage vigilante” — and a “violent vigilante” at that. But that was precisely the problem with the state’s evidence, according to Kenosha County Judge Bruce Schroeder.

The government quickly lost two motions to introduce two pieces of evidence outright. The first piece of evidence showed that Rittenhouse attacked a woman who was involved in an altercation with his sister in June 2020. The second showed that Rittenhouse has various affiliations with the far-right Proud Boys organization.

In both instances, the judge ruled that the government’s offered evidence would be far more prejudicial than it was worth.

“I would be reversed,” Schroeder said — anticipating an appellate court’s decision about the merits of such evidence.

More: https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/kyle-rittenhouse/in-tense-hearing-kyle-rittenhouse-defense-convinces-judge-to-throw-out-significant-portions-of-the-goverments-case/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Near the end of the article:
Near the end of the hearing, amidst a detailed back-and-forth discussion about who began the chase that turned deadly on the night in question, the government revealed they have a video from an “FBI” aircraft that shows Rittenhouse initiating hostilities against Joseph Rosenbaum. The defense said they hadn’t seen that evidence before.

If the government had aircraft over the Kenosha riots, where are the indictments? Where are the people up on charges for looting and burning in Kenosha? Or is that only to be used against people there to defend businesses and property? Or do they say that Rittenhouse instigated hostilities by putting out a dumpster the rioters had ignited and were going to push into a building?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

So the prosecution revealed they had withheld evidence from Rittenhouse's defense? Exclude it and sanction the prosecution team.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So the prosecution revealed they had withheld evidence from Rittenhouse's defense? Exclude it and sanction the prosecution team.

:yowsa: By all means!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

Prosecutors who withhold evidence or play timing games with discovery need to receive consequences, as personally as practical.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Prosecutors who withhold evidence or play timing games with discovery need to receive consequences, as personally as practical.

I suppose that kicks in when Discovery is concluded.  Had it been?  Otherwise, the Prosecutor can always claim "I was going to release it."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Tense."  LOL!  Yeah, the Prosecutor wants to avoid a riot by jailing an innocent white kid, and he's watching the case slip through his fingers.

TFB.  Try following the law instead of preventing riots.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"Tense."  LOL!  Yeah, the Prosecutor wants to avoid a riot by jailing an innocent white kid, and he's watching the case slip through his fingers.

TFB.  Try following the law instead of preventing riots.
If they really wanted to prevent riots, they'd throw the book at the rioters, not people who were there trying to protect others' property and livelihoods who got attacked by the mob.  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis