Author Topic: As Trump fans gather for 'Justice for J6,' the specter of white privilege looms large  (Read 253 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Word of caution:  Before reading this please store all objects/projectiles that may be used to hurl at your computer screen.

Sept. 18, 2021, 4:04 AM CDT
By Dr. Sarah Vinson, forensic psychiatrist
As Washington braces for the possibility of more political violence at the "Justice for J6" rally on Saturday, the Black community and its true allies across America await yet another specter of white privilege: the differential threat perception of and accountability for violence by white men.

What happened on Jan. 6, happened despite widely available indicators that laws would be broken (including warnings by the Capitol Police’s own intelligence unit, the Secret Service, the National Fusion Center Association and others). This reality was just as mentally influential, and likely more so, than the actions of the insurrectionists.

In a country where Black Lives Matter remains a controversial, politically charged statement, expectations of equal protection under, by or from the law have always been tempered for conscious Black people. This stance is sadly borne out over and over again, both by the knowledge held within communities and by statistics showing that Black youth and Black adults are both overrepresented in, and more harshly treated by the justice system, from higher rates of criminal prosecution to a seven-fold higher conviction rate, 20 percent longer sentences and less opportunities for pretrial diversion programs. Black youths also comprise 47 percent of all minors who are tried as adults, although Blacks account for just 14 percent of the country’s youth population.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-fans-gather-justice-j6-specter-white-privilege-looms-large-ncna1279480
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I couldn't make it through the first paragraph.

If BLM wants "equal protection under the law" why aren't their representatives rotting in solitary confinement?
Why aren't they being held prisoner over the "mostly peaceful" protests/riots of last year?

How come the Feds pursued people all over the country for being at the Capitol (not necessarily even entering the building), but hasn't brought in busloads of ANTIFAs and BLM folks for their destruction, looting, and arson, even against federal buildings?

forensic psychologist? Physician, heal thyself!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Sorry, feds, but your entrapment rally was a dud.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

A black left-wing activist from Harvard is here trying to scare up fears of a non-existent "White Supremacy Movement", complaining about the rates of prosecution and incarceration of young black men.

Does she happen to mention that those same young black men commit crimes at a frightening rate?

Of course not. Don't be racist!   

And by the way, yesterday's "rally" in DC was attended by almost exclusively by undercover cops and journalists.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Feds did arrest someone at the rally (for incitement...i think).
He was an undercover Fed. The only one arrested at the rally was another undercover Fed.
Feds arresting Feds is the only White Supremist they could find.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline goatprairie

A black left-wing activist from Harvard is here trying to scare up fears of a non-existent "White Supremacy Movement", complaining about the rates of prosecution and incarceration of young black men.

Does she happen to mention that those same young black men commit crimes at a frightening rate?

And by the way, yesterday's "rally" in DC was attended by almost exclusively by undercover cops and journalists.
The bleat never ends. 'It's awful...blacks are overrepresented in our nation's prison system" they wail.
Well duh....if you commit a staggering amount of violent crimes far above the rates of the next demographic, you're going to get punished more. Hopefully.
Letting out violent black criminals to do their mischief does the black community no good. It's like picking up a hammer, hitting yourself in the head repeatedly, and then complaining about headaches.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

I am beginning to think that one must attend Harvard to be profoundly stupid. Although some of the less prestigious schools seem to be giving them a run for the money.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
nbc news?

Nope.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I still can't make it past the 3nd paragraph.  I really tried.  Well sort of and then I had to take a dump.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

I am beginning to think that one must attend Harvard to be profoundly stupid. Although some of the less prestigious schools seem to be giving them a run for the money.

There is a special kind of stupidity endemic to the children of wealthy, coastal elitists.

It seems to come from an unquestioned sense of privilege and the social isolation that results from it.

It makes otherwise smart children arrogant, argumentative and dismissive of those they perceive as inferior, when they would of course be better served by listening to others and questioning their own assumptions. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Where can I find some white privilege? ... this Deplorable is running low
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Where can I find some white privilege? ... this Deplorable is running low

Psssst... I got some of that "WP" right here, pally.... the good stuff... not that cheap crap they sell over on Main Street...

Offline Kamaji

The only endemic privilege around - other than that which comes from wealth, which is intrinsically a-racial - is Black Privilege:  the privilege of getting special admissions to colleges, especially elite colleges, getting special access to jobs, to finance, and etc, all because your skin is melanin-rich, and without any regard to your personal individual merit, or lack thereof.

There is no White Privilege, and hasn't been since the end of the Jim Crow laws in the 1960s.