Author Topic: Scientists created the world's whitest paint.  (Read 162 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Scientists created the world's whitest paint.
« on: September 18, 2021, 02:11:29 pm »
C'mon man that is rassist!  Whiter than white!

The whitest paint in the world has been created in a lab at Purdue University, a paint so white that it could eventually reduce or even eliminate the need for air conditioning, scientists say.

The paint has now made it into the Guinness World Records book as the whitest ever made.

So why did the scientists create such a paint? It turns out that breaking a world record wasn't the goal of the researchers: Curbing global warming was.

“When we started this project about seven years ago, we had saving energy and fighting climate change in mind,” said Xiulin Ruan, a professor of mechanical engineering at Purdue, in a statement.

The idea was to make a paint that would reflect sunlight away from a building, researchers said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/09/17/whitest-paint-created-global-warming/8378579002/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Scientists created the world's whitest paint.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 03:05:26 pm »
Definitely, racist paint. Bet it was created by White people in a White company with a White CEO.
These people should be arrested for a so called 'hate crime'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 03:08:31 pm »
How will this paint "help" with global warming.  Seems to me it will reflect the heat into the surrounding area and increase the ambient temp. 

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 03:11:08 pm »
How will this paint "help" with global warming.  Seems to me it will reflect the heat into the surrounding area and increase the ambient temp.
:yowsa:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 03:22:48 pm »
AP-42 emissions equations  for tankage does have a paramenter for tank paint color. 

That is why you almost see all refinery tank colors universally white.

In a tank, the white paint decreases the impact on product temperature, thusly decreasing volatilization.  Same concept applies to an abode, if you can keep the inside cooler, less electricity is needed for the cooling side of HVAC.  Of course the opposite is true in winter.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 03:23:49 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2021, 03:28:13 pm »
AP-42 emissions equations  for tankage does have a paramenter for tank paint color. 

That is why you almost see all refinery tank colors universally white.

In a tank, the white paint decreases the impact on product temperature, thusly decreasing volatilization.  Same concept applies to an abode, if you can keep the inside cooler, less electricity is needed for the cooling side of HVAC.  Of course the opposite is true in winter.

"Baby It's Cold Outside"