Author Topic: Sen. Cruz at Del Rio International Bridge: ‘The Most Horrific Thing I’ve Ever Seen’  (Read 119 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=6059

Sen. Cruz at Del Rio International Bridge: ‘The Most Horrific Thing I’ve Ever Seen’

Travels to the border to demand President Biden address this crisis as illegal immigrants flood into Del Rio, Texas

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) returned to the border last night as over 10,000 illegal immigrants flooded into Del Rio, due to overcapacity at immigration housing facilities. Upon arrival, Sen. Cruz was briefed by Del Rio Sector Border Patrol Interim Chief Agent in Charge Robert Garcia and command staff at the Del Rio International Bridge to see President Biden's man-made crisis firsthand.

After his briefing, Sen. Cruz joined Fox News' ‘Hannity' to discuss the horrific scene he witnessed and to call on President Biden to take responsibility for his outrageous and dangerous policies and reverse them.

"The drone footage started this morning, and people across the country were horrified. And I guess the political operatives at the Biden White House saw that and decided the last thing they want is Fox News actually reporting on what's happening down here. [...] When I brought 19 senators to the Rio Grande Valley, I had to go in with my cell phone and photograph and take videos. [...] It is the most horrific thing I've ever seen. There are right now, as we're speaking, there are 10,503 people under that bridge. It is packed in as a mass of humanity. [...] They take your breath away because it just goes on and on and on - infants, little children, people struggling enormously, and something stunning that I discovered today is I discovered the cause of why this is happening."

"The answer is simple that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are absolute hypocrites. Those 10,000 people there - do you know how many Border Patrol is tested? Zero. Not one. They don't have the capacity to do that. And let me tell you something stunning that I learned tonight about why this happened because this is a man-made crisis. Eight days ago on September 8, under that same bridge, there were between 700 and 1,000 people that was what was coming a day - about 1000, sometimes 1,100, but it would range between 700 to 1,100. Then eight days ago on September 8, the Biden administration made a political decision. They announced that they were no longer going to fly deportation flights back to Haiti. Eighty-five percent of the people under there are from Haiti; they're fleeing from Haiti. [...] Today, it's September 16, eight days later, and 700 people has grown to 10,500 because the word has gone out if you're from Haiti, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have said, ‘We have open borders, come to Del Rio, and they will let you in.' [...] It's a political decision that Joe Biden could end tonight by simply following the law and saying we're going to send people back to Haiti, which is what federal immigration law requires."

CBP officials reported 208,887 encounters with illegal immigrants in August, including 103,129 single adults, 18,847 unaccompanied children, and 86,487 individuals in a family unit. All of these numbers have increased over 100 percent since the previous year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NQxZkA-ERQ&feature=emb_logo