Author Topic: States Where A Third Of People Are Obese Rise To 16, Nearly Doubling In Two Years  (Read 134 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 States Where A Third Of People Are Obese Rise To 16, Nearly Doubling In Two Years
September 16, 2021 By Tristan Justice

America’s underlying pandemic is getting worse.

New data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) out Wednesday shows the number of states with high obesity rates nearly doubled in the course of two years, with at least 35 percent of residents in 16 states consisting of adults with obesity in 2020. The number of states is up from a dozen in 2019, and nine in 2018.

States added last year include Delaware, Iowa, Ohio, and Texas, each now home to a population where more than a third of people are obese. States that had already reached that benchmark by 2019 include Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia.

The map below from the CDC outlines the prevalence of obesity based on self-reported data of U.S. adults, with obesity defined as having a BMI of 30.0 or higher. Those with a BMI between 25.0 and 30 are considered overweight.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/09/16/states-where-a-third-of-people-are-obese-rise-to-16-nearly-doubling-in-two-years/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Today

Any questions?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdinVA

So, where does the CDC get their data?  I never told them how much I weigh... Just more fodder to push socialized medicine...

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So, where does the CDC get their data?  I never told them how much I weigh... Just more fodder to push socialized medicine...

They walked thru the WalMarts in every state.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdinVA

They walked thru the WalMarts in every state.
:silly: